Adam P. Richards
Top rated business litigation attorney in Columbus, OhioCooper Elliott
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Personal injury, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 2009
Adam P. Richards is a dedicated attorney and partner at the law firm of Cooper Elliott located in Columbus, Ohio. Over his 13-plus years in practice, he has earned a reputation for his thoroughness, commitment and excellent client services. He focuses his practice on complex civil litigation matters involving personal injury, legal malpractice, professional malpractice, wrongful death, business and commercial litigation, business formation, planning and transactional issues, employment law, and abuse cases.
Mr. Richards obtained his Bachelor of Science with an emphasis in political science and government from Denison University in 2006 followed by his Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law in 2009. While in law school, he received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award. Before partnering with his current firm, he led a well-known law firm in Dublin, Ohio, for 11-plus years.
Through his efforts advocating on behalf of the rights and interests of his clients, Mr. Richards has procured some record-setting verdicts in Franklin County, Ohio, including over $6,575,000 in legal malpractice settlements and judgments. He was admitted to practice in Ohio in 2009 and has gone on to build a strong reputation since then. Additionally, he is qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio.
In honor of his professionalism and high ethical standards, Mr. Richards was rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest rating presented only to a select group of attorneys. He was listed among the "Top 40 Under 40" attorneys by The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Richards stays involved in community and bar activities through his membership in prestigious legal organizations such as the American Association for Justice, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Ohio Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Business/corporate, Professional liability: plaintiff
Non-compete agreements, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Legal malpractice
- 30% Business litigation
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.cooperelliott.com/our-attorneys/adam-p-richards/
- Admitted to The National Trial Lawyers’ "Top 40 Under 40"
- Long drive champion
- Achieved top 15 verdict in Franklin County, Ohio
- CALI Award
- Amicus Award
- Ohio Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Association for Justice, 2010
- Ohio State Bar Association, 2010
- Ohio Association for Justice, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2010
- Denison University, B.A., 2006
- $1,115,918, Judgment in membership dispute, 2019
- Confidential settlement for student victim of teacher abuse, 2013
- Confidential settlement for victim of professional negligence, 2019
- $638,845, Arbitration award for breach of contract, 2018
- Confidential settlement for multiple victims of teacher abuse, 2017
- $200,000, Settlement for victim of dog bite, 2017
- $831,560, Verdict for injuries in an accident, 2016
Office location for Adam P. Richards
305 West Nationwide Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43215
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2023
Find me online
- Acts of violence such as these are an abuse of power, 7 they can have permanent and sometimes even fatal consequenc… https://t.co/87tiFdFxD2
- At Cooper Elliott, we aren't afraid of Goliaths. We've helped clients take on insurance companies, governments, and… https://t.co/ORRbvWOaKi
- Attorneys Rex Elliott & Sean Alto and the Foltz family announced a settlement with BGSU - the largest payout by a p… https://t.co/xqkGlX4YnD