Chanda L. Brown
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Columbus, OhioWalton + Brown, LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Employment Litigation, Civil Rights; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 2006
Education: University of Dayton School of Law
Walton + Brown, LLP395 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215 Visit website
Attorney Chanda L. Brown, of Walton + Brown LLP in Columbus, Ohio, devotes her practice to employment and personal injury law. Ms. Brown serves clients in Columbus and throughout central Ohio who have been injured by motor vehicles and other types of accidents due to another’s negligence. She is dedicated to advocating for her clients and helping them fight for fair and just compensation.
Ms. Brown holds a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems from Alabama State University, where she graduated summa cum laude. She earned her law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law. Her prior legal experience includes clerking for a federal judge and working for the U.S. Department of Labor and a private Columbus-based personal injury firm, where she served as lead trial attorney. She has been licensed to practice law in Ohio since 2006.
Ms. Brown has received numerous awards for her work as an attorney. She was named one of the “top 100” and “top 40 under 40” attorneys by the National Black Lawyers and one of the “top 100 trial lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers. She has also been selected for inclusion into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization of attorneys who have secured million or multimillion-dollar verdicts for clients they have served.
Ms. Brown belongs to several professional groups including the Columbus Bar Association, the Ohio Association for Justice and the American Bar Association. She is also a member of the Columbus chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and participates on the group’s social action committee.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act, Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Disability, Discrimination, Dram Shop Laws, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Native Peoples Law, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Race Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death, Wrongful Termination
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Rights
First Admitted: 2006, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.waltonbrownlaw.com/brown
- Columbus (OH) Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Member
- “Student of the Year”, Alabama State University
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Member, Moot Court team, University of Dayton School of Law
- Smith and Schnacke Academic Scholarship, University of Dayton School of Law
- Top 100 National Black Lawyers, The National Black Lawyers, 2016
- Top 40 under 40 lawyer, National Black Lawyers Association
- Gerald Greene Academic Excellence Scholarship, University of Dayton School of Law
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- Ohio Women's Bar Association Mentoring Program, Mentor, 2017
- State Bar of Ohio, 2006
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Alabama State University, Bachelor of Science, Honors: summa cum laude, Majors: Computer Information Systems, , 2003
- $90,000 settlement for injured party who broke several bones when the bus he was traveling in caused a two car collision. , 2013
- Watson vs. Bradley, 2017
- $300,000 settlement for an injured woman who broke several bones in her ankle and had to undergo numerous surgeries after her vehicle was totaled in a two car collision. , 2014
- Jury verdict in a personal injury motor vehicle matter. The versidy was substantially higher than the last settlement offer. , 2014
- $320,000 settlement for victim in trucking accident who suffered career-ending injuries to his lower back and neck, requiring extensive conservative treatment and eventual lumbar surgery. , 2016
- $300,000 (full policy limits) settlement for families of three young adults who were killed in a motor vehicle accident. , 2016
- $250,000 settlement for injured victim who sustained a broken femur bone when his vehicle was rear-ended by a semi-truck., 2014
- Provided insights and expertise about the judicial system and police use of force. , Speaker, Civic Education and Leadership Academy, 2017
Office location for Chanda L. Brown
395 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2021