Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Columbus, OH
Courtney Hanna is the president and principal attorney of Joseph & Joseph in Columbus, Ohio, where she helps clients with divorce, adoption, prenuptial agreements and other issues in family law, as well as real estate law and civil litigation. She practices in Columbus and throughout Ohio.
A highly respected family law attorney, Ms. Hanna uses her knowledge and years of experience to help Ohio residents who are facing a challenging time and guides them toward a positive outcome. Her efforts were recognized in 2019 when Trademark Publishing Group selected her for membership in its Women of Distinction honors.
Staying active in her legal community, Ms. Hanna is a member of various professional organizations. She belongs to the Columbus Bar Association (currently serving as the Chairperson of the Real Property Committee Meeting), the Ohio State Bar Association and the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation. She has been a speaker on divorce and real estate topics at continuing legal education conferences and for different organizations and serves as a Mentor in the Ohio Supreme Court lawyer-to-lawyer mentoring program.
Ms. Hanna is also active in community and charity work. She is a Girl Scout troop leader and serves as the fundraising chair for the PTO at her children's school. She is a the former publicity chair for the Bexley Women's Club House and Garden Tour, former women’s board member for the March of Dimes and participated in the Columbus Museum of Art’s Art NetWork. She is a founder of Strike Out Thyroid Cancer.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Miami University, Ms. Hanna received her law degree from the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she served as business editor of the Ohio State Business Law Journal. She holds a license to practice law before all Ohio state courts.
- 20%Family Law
- 20%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20%Real Estate: Business
- 20%Real Estate: Consumer
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2021
About Courtney Hanna
First Admitted: 2006, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://josephandjoseph.com/team/courtney-hanna/
- Ohio Supreme Court since 2012
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute Class of 2019-2020
- Chairman, Real Property Committee 2019-2021
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Mentor in the Ohio State Bar Mentor/Mentee Program
- Member of Women's Board for March of Dimes, 2017
- Perform Case Law Update for Columbus Bar Association Real Estate Committee, 2019
- Member of Bexley Women's Club Currently serving as Membership chair on the Board , 2021
- Business Editor of the Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2005-2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation, 2019-2020
- Member of Art Network through the Columbus Museum of Art
- Founding Member of Strike Out Thyroid Cancer
- Miami University, B.S., 2003
- Selected for inclusion into the Trademark Women of Distinction, 2019
- Can Landlords be held liable for negligence for incidents that occur at a tenant’s commercial business? Learn More… https://t.co/wML9b6vtAu
- Joseph & Joseph: The Faces of Family Law and Business https://t.co/UZOycK3H8I
- Courtney Hanna 2021 Lawyers of Distinction Recognizing Excellence in Family and Divorce Law… https://t.co/CwOHvCdrVu
- Joseph & Joseph Co., LPA on #Google https://t.co/JBw9g85rqV
- Proud of Our Firm's commitment to Excellence! Announced Today, Joseph & Joseph Co. LPA included in the "BEST LAW F… https://t.co/TpJ7X6dQny
Last Updated: 5/15/2022