Dan J. Binau
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Columbus, OH
Dan J. Binau, a partner at the Columbus, Ohio, law firm of Harris, McClellan, Binau & Cox, P.L.L., is an accomplished attorney with more than 30 years of experience helping clients with legal matters related to business, real estate and personal injury. He frequently acts as an adviser on contracts, shareholder disputes, and other legal matters for commercial developers and other businesses.
Mr. Binau has a great deal of litigation and trial law experience, having successfully argued numerous cases in court, both in Columbus and throughout Ohio by always exploring all legal options and strongly advocating for his clients.
Mr. Binau prides himself on building strong client relationships by keeping in frequent contact, always seeking to understand their situation and providing an honest assessment of the likelihood of success. This has earned him respect both in Columbus and the surrounding regions, such as Franklin County, Pickaway County, Licking County and Fayette County.
After receiving his law degree from Capital University Law School in Columbus, Mr. Binau was admitted to practice in Ohio in 1976. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
His highly successful career has earned Mr. Binau numerous awards and accolades. He is rated AV Preeminent* by the prestigious peer review service Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been active in a variety of professional organizations, including serving as a past president of the Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association. He has also served as a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association for more than 30 years.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Dan J. Binau
First Admitted: 1976, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.hmbc.com/attorneys/dan-j-binau/
- Barnes and Noble v Easton, Franklin County Common Please Court Case Number 14CV076960 Damage Award $998,161.31 Attorney Fee Award $915,275.34
- Continental Real Estate
- Barnes and Noble
- Town and Country Shopping Center, 2016
- CASTO Development
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, B.S., 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2001
- President of COAJ, Central Ohio Association for Justice. Member every year since. 1992-Present. COAJ is an association of attorneys and represents the attorneys that are litigators and are on the plaintiff side., 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1976
- Ohio Bar Association, 1976
- Ohio Bar Association, 1976 - 2012
- Columbus Bar Association, 1976 - 2012
- Distinguished Peer Rating for High Professional Achievement, Distinguished Peer Rating for High Professional Achievement, Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
- Columbus Top Lawyers, Columbus CEO Magazine, 2018
- Peer Rated for highest level of professional excellence, Pre-Eminent AV Rating Professional Excellence Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
- Past President Franklin County Trial Lawyers, 1992 - 1993
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 7/19/2022