Daniel N. Abraham
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Columbus, OhioColley Shroyer & Abraham Co., LPA
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Products liability, Class action & mass torts; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1983
Education: Capital University Law School
Colley Shroyer & Abraham Co., LPA536 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215 Visit website
Daniel N. Abraham is a member of Colley Shroyer & Abraham Co., LPA. From the firm's office in Columbus, Ohio, he focuses his practice on personal injury litigation, representing plaintiffs throughout Ohio who have been harmed by the negligence of others in cases involving medical malpractice, defective products, trucking and other vehicular accidents, employer intentional torts and other premises liability cases. Attorney Abraham has successfully prosecuted many complicated and difficult injury related cases. He has been involved in obtaining class action certifications in Ohio and involved in multiple federal court multi district litigation matters including products such as knee and hip implant cases.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science from West Liberty College in 1978, Mr. Abraham attended Capital University Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1981. After graduation, he joined the Office of the Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney, where he was the Director of its economic crimes unit until joining his current firm in 1991. Admitted to practice in Ohio, Mr. Abraham is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Since entering private practice, Mr. Abraham has obtained multipe large settlements and jury awards for his clients. Many of his cases have resolved in excess of a million dollars. His successes have not gone unnoticed by his fellow attorneys, as attested to by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. Mr. Abraham is a member of several legal organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Columbus Bar Association. He has served as an adjunct professor at Columbus State Community College/Law Enforcement.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Class actions, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.colleyshroyerabraham.com/attorney/abraham-daniel...
- Former Adjunct Professor, Trial and Evidence, Columbus State Community College
- Priscilla Goodin v. Columbia Gas of Ohio, et al. (Review of Ohio employer liability for intentional torts), 93 Ohio St. 3d 1434 (2001)
- Priscilla Goodin v. Columbia Gas of Ohio, et al., 93 Ohio St. 3d 1434 (2001)
- Roberta Booth, et al. v. Georgia-Pacific Corporation, et al.
- Horton v. Harwick Chem. Corp., 73 Ohio St. 3d 679 (1995)
- Roberta Booth, et al. v. Georgia-Pacific Corporation, et al., Environmental class action case, class certified and settlement obtained, currently implementing community liaison program and medical examination program
- Horton v. Harwick Chem. Corp. ( Case clarifying the application of the theory of alternative liability rejecting the “frequency-proximity” test in asbestos [product liability] cases in Ohio), 73 Ohio St. 3d 679 (1995)
- Vicki Grant, et al v. Becton Dickinson & Co., et al.
- In Re: Silicone Gel Breast Implants Products Liability Litigation
- Vicki Grant, et al. v. Becton Dickinson & Co., et al., Product liability class action case, class certification obtained, reversed on appeal; now pending re-hearing before trial court
- In Re: Silicone Gel Breast Implants Products Liability Litigation, Multiple plaintiffs in a nationwide product liability class action case involving breast implants, final resolution pending
- William James, et al. v. Paul Herrell, et al.
- In Re: Diet Drugs Products Liability Litigation
- William James, et al. v. Paul Herrell, et al., Employment class action case, class certified and settlement obtained, currently pending final distribution of settlement proceeds
- In Re: Diet Drugs Products Liability Litigation, Single plaintiff in nationwide class action case involving the drugs Phentermine, Fenfluramine and Dexfenfluramin, case pending settlement agreement
- West Liberty State College, B.S., 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Ohio, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1991
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association, Member
Office location for Daniel N. Abraham
536 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2012 - 2023