David B. Barnhart
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Columbus, OhioPhilip J. Fulton Law Office
Practice Areas: Workers' compensation
Licensed in Ohio since: 1981
Education: Capital University Law School
Philip J. Fulton Law Office89 East Nationwide Boulevard, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215 Visit website
David B. Barnhart is an attorney with Philip J. Fulton Law Office located in Columbus, Ohio. He focuses his practice on workers’ compensation law, assisting individuals throughout the state of Ohio who have been injured on the job.
After graduating cum laude with a B.A. from Westminster College in 1978, Mr. Barnhart earned his law degree from Capital University Law School in 1981. Admitted to practice in Ohio, he has been certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in workers’ compensation law.
In addition to his busy law practice, Mr. Barnhart is active in a variety of professional and community organizations. A past chair of the Workers’ Compensation Committee of the Columbus Bar Association, he also previously chaired the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, now known as the Ohio Association for Justice, and sat on that organization’s board of trustees. Mr. Barnhart is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Ohio Association for Justice. From 1995 until 2002, he was a trustee of the Worthington Public Library.
His successful representation of injured employees has earned Mr. Barnhart many awards and accolades. Listed in The Best Lawyers in America* each year since 1995, Mr. Barnhart has also received an AV Preeminent** rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He was inducted into the Workers' Compensation Hall of Fame in 2002 by what is now known as the Ohio Association for Justice and won the Community Service Award from the Columbus Bar Association in 2001. Mr. Barnhart often shares his experience by lecturing on topics related to workers’ compensation law to groups of fellow professionals.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2010. Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
**AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant
- 100% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1981, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohiocompensationlawyer.com/attorney/david-b-barn...
- Lecturer, "Workers' Compensation", Various Bar Associations and Commercial Seminars
- Westminster College, B.A. Cum Laude, 1978
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member and Chair, 1981
- Association For Justice (Formerly Ohio Academy Of Trial Lawyers), 1994
- Columbus Bar Association, 1981
- Member Specialization Committee Responsibility For Drafting Of Examination For Board Certification Present Member
- Chair Workers Compensation, 1991
- Worthington Public Library , Board of trustees , 1995
- Worker's Compensation Committee, Member, 1993
- Columbus Bar Association, Chair, Workers Compensation Committee, 1996
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Workers' Compensation Section, Chair, 1996
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist Worker's Compensation, 1999
- Community Service Award, Columbus Bar Association, 2001
- Best Lawyers in America, 1995 - 2020
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2004
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers Workers' Compensation Hall of Fame, 2002
- Lawyer of the Year 2010 and 2013, Best Lawyers in America
Office location for David B. Barnhart
89 East Nationwide Boulevard, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
Top ListsTop 50: Columbus Super Lawyers: 2006, 2011 - 2014
Certificates and credentials
Workers' Compensation Law