David I. Shroyer
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Columbus, OH
David I. Shroyer is a member of Colley Shroyer & Abraham Co., LPA, located in Columbus, Ohio. Focusing his practice exclusively on personal injury litigation, he provides representation to clients throughout the state who have been harmed by the negligence of others, with an emphasis on medical malpractice. Mr. Shroyer also handles motor vehicle accident and products liability cases.
An Ohio native, Mr. Shroyer completed his undergraduate education at The Ohio State University, receiving a Bachelor of Science in 1977. He then went on to attend Capital University Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1980. After graduation, Mr. Shroyer was an assistant prosecutor with the Office of the Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney for two years and then spent seven years with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Ohio until entering private practice in 1989. Since that time, he has built a solid reputation with his fellow professionals. Mr. Shroyer has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Since entering private practice, Mr. Shroyer has tried more than 75 cases to verdict, and he has secured multiple awards of more than $1 million on behalf of his clients. He has also obtained numerous settlements, including one for $9.7 million for a girl who received a brain injury due to medical negligence and one for $2 million for a patient whose neurological disorder was misdiagnosed. Admitted to practice in Ohio, Mr. Shroyer is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About David I. Shroyer
First Admitted: 1980, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.colleyshroyerabraham.com/attorney/shroyer-david-...
- Attorney of the Year Award in the Southern District of Ohio, 1988 - Present
- Taught, Attorney General's Advocacy Institute in Washington DC
- Taught, How to survive cross examination at FBI's Quantico, Virginia training facility
- Author, "Mastering the Principles of Trial Advocacy"
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Capital University Law School, teaching trial advocacy , 1986 - Present
- Seminar, "Cross Examination", 2009 - Present
- Seminar, "Principles of Cross Examination" to 100 lawyers at the Franklin County Courthouse, 2012 - Present
- Lectured, Ohio State Bar Association to attorneys on the "Anatomy of a Medical Malpractice Case", 2013 - Present
- "Master in Trial" CLE sponsored by the American Board of Trial Advocates, 1989 - Present
- Ohio State University, B.S. - 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Chapter of American Board of trial Advocates, President
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Board of commissions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Ohio, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1991
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, Negligence Law Subcommittee, 1989 - Present
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Central Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules Committee
Last Updated: 6/30/2021