David P. Meyer
Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in Columbus, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007, 2009
- Free Consultation
Attorney David P. Meyer is the founding principal of Meyer Wilson, Co., in Columbus, Ohio. Mr. Meyer primarily handles investor fraud class and mass action lawsuits. He has served victims of investment fraud in the Columbus and Cleveland metropolitan areas as well as in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and Los Angeles, California.
Mr. Meyer is the immediate past-president of the Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA) and the presidentof the Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ).
Over the course of his career. Mr. Meyer has earned a national reputation as one of Ohio’s strongest litigators. He has served as co-lead and lead counsel in many cases that have resulted in multimillion-dollar recoveries for investors through litigation, arbitration or mediation.
Mr. Meyer has received awards and honors for his work on behalf of clients. He is listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and his firm was named a “Tier 1 Best Law Firm” by the peer review organization Best Lawyers.
Committed to professional education, Mr. Meyer has presented on topics such as security arbitration and many individuals in the financial industry look to him for guidance. He has lectured for organizations, including the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the Dayton Bar Association, Central Ohio Association for Justice, Ohio State Bar Association, the Ohio Association for Justice, the West Virginia Association for Justice and the American Association of Individual Investors.
Mr. Meyer earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Ohio University. He earned a master of laws degree in taxation and his law degree from Capital University Law School. Licensed in Ohio and Michigan, he has been admitted to practice law since 1995 and has more than 25 years of experience.
- 80%Securities Litigation
- 20%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007, 2009
- Five Signs of Investment Fraud…And What to Do if it's Happened to You - In this provocative and informative guide, Meyer exposes the ugly truth behind investor fraud and its devastating consequences. Having represented over 800 individual and institutional investors in claims against stockbrokers, financial advisors and brokerage firms during the past decade, David Meyer knows first-hand what it takes to recover losses from powerful and well-funded corporate interests who commit investment fraud or engage in illegal conduct. In Five Signs of Investment Fraud, Meyer: Provides tips and insight into how to avoid becoming a victim of investment fraud. Explains common types of investment misconduct, including breach of fiduciary duty, unsuitability, asset allocation, failure to supervise, negligence and unauthorized trading. Describes the steps you need to take to protect your rights and financial security if you have suffered from investment fraud. Explains how to choose the right attorney for your investment fraud claim. And much, much more.
About David P. Meyer
First Admitted: 1995, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.investorclaims.com/legal-team/david-p-meyer-esq-...
- Ohio University, B.A. in Business Administration
- Ohio's Capital University, LL.M in Taxation
- Mr. Meyer successfully represented a 100-year-old widow against several large financial institutions in an investment fraud case and recovered $30,000,000 for her.
- Mr. Meyer has the honor of winning the largest jury verdict in Ohio's history: $260 million verdict on behalf of 250 retirees against Prudential Securities
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "Variable Annuities: Financial Exploitation of the Elderly" for a seminar for the Elder Law Update held during the Ohio State Bar Association's Annual Convention., Ohio State Bar Association, 2005
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice for the COAJ Annual Litigation Seminar , Speaker, Central Ohio Association For Justice, 2009
- Mr. Meyer was selected to participate in the panel discussion held during the Ohio Division of Securities' Annual Securities Conference on the topic of "Mandatory Securities Arbitration of Customer Claims against Brokerage Firms.", Speaker; Panel Member, State Of Ohio Division Of Securities, 2009
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration during the Annual Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Institute sponsored by the Dayton Bar Association., Speaker, Dayton (Ohio) Bar Association, 2010
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "What are the Pros and Cons of Class Arbitrations: Plaintiffs' Perspective" during the Ohio Class Action Summit sponsored by the law firm of Porter Wright., Speaker, Porter Wright's Ohio Class Action Summit, 2008
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice during a seminar for the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Speaker, West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "Consumer Class Actions: In the Wake of New Federal Class Action Law," as part of the Negligence Seminar held during the 2005 Annual Convention., Speaker, Ohio Academy Of Trial Lawyers, 2005
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "Stockbroker Malpractice" during a seminar for a local chapter of individual investors., American Association Of Individual Investors, 2004
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "Investment Scams Targeting the Elderly", Presenting Speaker, Columbus Bar Association - Chester Institute, 2011
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration", Seminar Speaker, Annual Convention, Ohio Association For Justice, 2012
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic "When Investment Portfolios Fail: Holding Stockbrokers and Investment Counselors Accountable", Speaker, Annual Convention, West Virginia Association For Justice, 2012
- "Two Top Minds Battling About Selling Away Cases," Moderator Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Annual Convention, October 2016
- "Preventing Stockbroker Misconduct and Pursuing Investor Claims" Ohio State Bar Association, Webcast Presentation, May 2015
- "Ponzi Scheme Loss Recovery: Statutory Aiding and Abetting Claims" Ohio Association for Justice, 2015 Annual Convention, May 2015
- "Civil Liability under State Securities Laws" Ohio State Bar Association, Webcast Seminar, April 2015
- "Getting Personal with Securities Litigation in 2014" Featured Presenter, New York University Stern School of Business, New York City, April 2014
- "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration" Featured Speaker, Warren County Bar Association CLE Seminar, March 2013
- "Stockbroker Fraud and Securities Arbitration", Presenter Columbus Bar Association, December 2012
- "Third Annual CBA/COAJ Trial Skills Institute", Moderator Columbus Bar Association, November 2012
- "Investor Claims" Ohio Association for Justice, Winter Convention, Cleveland, November 2012
- "Fallout from Securities Fraud: Options for Recovery" Annual Ohio Securities Conference, Ohio Division of Securities, October 2012
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" Annual Litigation Seminar: Central Ohio Association for Justice (COAJ), 2010
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice for the Cleveland Bar Association., Speaker, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2003
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice to a group of Certified Public Accountants., Speaker, Certified Public Accountants, Columbus, Ohio, 2004
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice during the Stark County (Ohio) Elder Law Seminar., Speaker, Elder Law Seminar, Ohio, Stark County, 2006
- Mr. Meyer lectured on the topic of Stockbroker Malpractice during a seminar for a Lancaster (Ohio) Estate Planning Group., Speaker, Lancaster (Ohio) Estate Planning Group, 2005
Pro bono/Community Service
- Outstanding Service Award, Capital Law School , 2012
- Columbus, Ohio Top 50 Attorney (2011-2013), Columbus, Ohio Top 50 Attorney, Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®, Best Lawyers in America®, 2020
- Ohio Top 100 Attorney , Thomson Reuters, 2013
- Outstanding Service Award, Capital Law School, 2012
- , Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®, Best Lawyers in America®, Best Lawyers in America®, 2021
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® (2011-2021), Best Lawyers in America®, 2020
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®, Best Lawyers in America®, 2015
- One of the Top Litigation Attorneys in Ohio
- President, Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA), 2021
- President, Ohio Association of Justice (OAJ), 2021
- Columbus Bar Services Board Member, 2021
- Columbus Bar Foundation - Trustee, 2021
- Investment Fraud
- Mass Torts
- Our @CYeager1 weighs in on recent FINRA Enforcement actions against firms who sold GPB Capital Holdings. https://t.co/bZcsyc51HT
- Partner David P. Meyer has weighed in on Ohio’s new proposed rule 1301:6-3-471, which would implement the Ohio Inve… https://t.co/ASFhJ7WHcu
- Meyer Wilson and co-counsel prevailed in securing class certification for hundreds of thousands of individuals who… https://t.co/MK0nc4mOr8
- Congratulations to Meyer Wilson’s own Michael J. Boyle, who received the endorsement from the Franklin County Democ… https://t.co/tSSoqbJGZk
- Have you suffered losses due to Ohio financial adviser William LeBoeuf’s investment advice? Meyer Wilson is in the… https://t.co/5UzhM6o6mH
Last Updated: 5/15/2022