Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Columbus, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2015
An attorney at Marshall and Forman LLC, Edward Forman divides his practice between employment law matters and civil rights litigation. From the firm's office in Columbus, Ohio, he provides representation to his individual clients throughout the greater metropolitan area and across the state. Admitted to practice before all Ohio state courts since 2002, Mr. Forman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and he has appeared pro hac vice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Mr. Forman's employment law practice is strictly confined to his representation of current, former, and prospective employees who have been the victims of discrimination or other actions taken by their employers that are prohibited under several state and federal laws. The cases that he has handled have arisen under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Mr. Forman has also provided advice and counsel to victims of hostile work environments or other forms of workplace sexual harassment, and his caseload has additionally included wrongful terminations and retaliation as well as wage and hour violations governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
In his civil rights practice, Mr. Forman assists clients whose constitutional rights have been violated in cases involving police brutality, excessive force, and wrongful arrests. His successful track record in all of his professional endeavors has earned him a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo as well as other positive recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. He is an honors graduate of Michael E. Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University.
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 70%Civil Rights
- 10%Constitutional Law
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2015
About Edward Forman
First Admitted: 2003
Professional Webpage: https://www.marshallforman.com/profiles/edward-r-forman/
Pro bono/Community Service
- American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (“ASCAP”)
- Central Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Top 2 Civil Rights Attorneys in Columbus, Ohio, Columbus Business First Magazine
- With Honors, Ohio State University College of Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Civil Rights Law, 2010-2017
- Superlawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, Employment Law, 2016-2017
- Ohio State University, Magna Cum Laude, B.S.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022