Gerald S. Leeseberg
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Columbus, OhioLeeseberg Tuttle
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1979
Known for his successes in Central Ohio and throughout the state, Gerald S. Leeseberg focuses exclusively on advocating for people who have suffered a personal injury related to medical malpractice, car accidents, aviation accidents and product liability. He is a partner at Leeseberg Tuttle.
Mr. Leeseberg holds an Avvo “Superb” rating; he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America; he has received the Ohio Association for Justice’s President’s Distinguished Service Award; and he has received the Central Ohio Association for Justice’s President’s Distinguished Service Award.
These accolades are due in part to Mr. Leeseberg’s track record of precedent-setting cases. One decision prohibited the defense from trying to prove comparative negligence by using the patient’s previous medical history. In another case, a ruling decided that grandparents could recover damages in a wrongful death claim, which expanded the definition of “next of kin.”
The National Board of Trial Advocacy has certified Mr. Leeseberg in civil litigation. Four of the medical malpractice verdicts he has secured rank among Franklin County’s largest. He has represented hundreds of people in both state and federal courts, and he has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients.
Licensed to practice in Ohio, Mr. Leeseberg is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Ohio Association for Justice and the Central Ohio Association for Justice.
In 1976, Mr. Leeseberg earned an undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University. He went on to receive a Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University | Michael E. Moritz College of Law in 1979.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury
- 80% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1979, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.leeseberglaw.com/attorney/gerald-s-leeseberg/
- Ohio Association for Justice (formerly OATL), Past Representative at Large, Past Chair, Medical Negligence Section and Legislative Committee
- Central Ohio Association for Justice (formerly FCTLA), Past President
- Ohio, 1979
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, Franklin County Common Pleas Court Docket Committee
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Best Trial Lawyers in America, 1994
- Invited Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Ohio Association for Justice, President’s Distinguished Service Award, 2011 and 2013
- Invited Member, Blue Book Society of Distinguished Attorneys
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2015
- Central Ohio Association for Justice, President’s Distinguished Service Award, 2013
- Featured in Columbus CEO magazine’s “Top Lawyer” issue for April 2015
- Bowling Green State University, BLS, magna cum laude, 1976
- Board Certified in Civil Litigation, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- We have obtained record high verdicts in several counties in the State of Ohio, and several of the largest wrongful death verdicts in Franklin County, Ohio. Our website provides information concerning verdicts and settlements we have obtained, including numerous multimillion dollar awards on behalf of our clients. These results can be reviewed at www.leesebergvalentine.com.
- Ohio Association For Justice
Office location for Gerald S. Leeseberg
175 South Third Street, Penthouse One
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023