John A. Markus
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Columbus, OH
John A. Markus has been an associate at Leeseberg Tuttle since October 2015. Based in the firm's office in Columbus, Ohio, he focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, representing clients throughout the state, and he is admitted to practice before all Ohio state courts.
In his practice, Mr. Markus provides aggressive representation to people who have incurred economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence or recklessness of other parties. He places a particular emphasis on medical malpractice cases, including those involving surgical errors, medication mistakes and misdiagnoses. Other types of matters that Mr. Markus has handled during his career have included motor vehicle accidents and defective products, and he has been able to obtain significant compensation for his plaintiff clients, both through jury awards and settlements that he has negotiated out of court with defendants and their insurance companies.
Majoring in political science, Mr. Markus attended The Ohio State University in Columbus as an undergraduate. While he was there, he was the vice president of a student-run community service organization and served as a public safety associate for the Cincinnati Reds major league baseball franchise before obtaining his Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 2011. After graduation, Mr. Markus worked as a fiscal associate for his alma mater before deciding to pursue a legal education. He then enrolled at the University of Cincinnati College of Law, and he was a member of the school's Moot Court Honor Board and was a judicial extern for a judge on a Hamilton County court before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2015. His professional memberships include the Central Ohio Association for Justice and the Columbus Bar Association.
About John A. Markus
First Admitted: 2015, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.leesebergvalentine.com/Our-People/John-A-Markus....
- Central Ohio Association of Justice, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Association of Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio, 2015
- Baldwin's Ohio Practice: Tort Law 2d, West, December, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Ohio Innocence Project, 2013 - 2014
- High School Mock Trial, Coach, 2015 - 2016
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts cum laude - 2011, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio, Honors: University Award, Order of the Barristers, Dean's List, Law Journal: Ohio Tort Law Journal, 2014 - 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022