Top rated Alternative Dispute Resolution attorney in Columbus, OhioJohn M. Alton & Co., L.P.A.
Practice Areas: Alternative Dispute Resolution
Licensed in Ohio since: 1977
In 2021 John Alton was inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN). In Columbus, Ohio only two other mediators are members of NADN.
Additional professional honors John Alton has received include:
(a) certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1997-2010);
(b) Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (2000 - present);
(c) American Board of Trial Advocates (1996-present);
(d) recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers in plaintiff’s medical malpractice (2004-2020) and in Alternative Dispute Resolution (2021-2024).
John Alton has mediated hundreds of cases throughout Ohio with lawyers and party decision makers from more than 20 states.
John Alton’s website, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals bio page and LinkedIn page contain additional information about John’s professional background.
www.NADN.org I John Alton
Mobile: (614) 439-6526
First Admitted: 1977, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://www.johnalton.com/johnalton-malpractice-attorney/
- Certified in civil trial advocacy by The National Board of Trial Advocay
- In 1974 I graduated from Duke University, Cum Laude with Distinction in Psychology. My majors were Psychology and Religion. I wrote an honors thesis entitled, "Children's Conceptions of Mental Illness: A Developmental Study" based on a two-year independent study of 1st, 4th and 7th grade students in the Durham, North Carolina public school system. In 1977 I graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law where I received the highest grade in "Law and Psychiatry" based on a paper I wrote on the liability of psychiatrists for death caused to third parties by their patients whom they negligently released from mental health care facilities.
- Admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates; Ohio Chapter Executive Committee 2016-2021; President Elect 2021., 1996
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL). State (Ohio) Committee 2009-2020; Vice Chair (2015-2017) and Chair (2017-2019)., 2000
- Served on the Columbus Bar Association Ethics and Grievances Committee, 1998
- , Columbus, Ohio Professional Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2020
- The NBTA is the sole organization in the country which provides certification to trial lawyers in civil trial advocacy based on an application which demonstrates a significant amount of experience as a trial lawyer and an all-day examination regarding substantive knowledge of two areas of concentration, the Federal Rules of Evidence and the Uniform Code of Professional Responsibility. In 1997 John Alton became certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the NBTA., Board Certification, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1997
- Business Litigation
- Eminent Domain
- medical device product liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- political subdivision liability
- Product Liability
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Discharge
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2024