Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Columbus, OH
- Free Consultation
Attorney John Fitch is the founder and principal of The Fitch Law Firm, which has law offices in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Marion and Springfield, Ohio. A nationally ranked trial attorney with more than 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Fitch provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients across the state who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Fitch has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for those adversely affected by car and commercial truck accidents, medical negligence, defective products and other preventable tragedies. He has also represented the rights and interests of child sexual abuse victims, and he secured a landmark $134 million verdict on behalf of a child who suffered abuse at the hands of a sexual predator, which stands as one of the largest verdicts of its kind ever awarded in the state.
Honored for his remarkable success and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Fitch has earned memberships in both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates forums. He also holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. In addition, he has also received "Superb" 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo, and his law firm has received consistent designation as one of the best personal injury law firms in the region.
A 1974 graduate of The Ohio State University, Mr. Fitch obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Dayton School of Law in 1979. The Ohio State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, as well as the Ohio State Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court.
A leader in his field, Mr. Fitch has published articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of legal topics related to personal injury law, sexual abuse, effective trial tactics and other subjects. He has also appeared on several local radio and television news programs, where he has offered in-depth legal commentary on various topics.
Mr. Fitch has also served as president of the Central Ohio Association for Justice and board of trustees member of the Ohio Association for Justice. He is also active with the American Association for Justice, the Columbus and Ohio State Bar Associations, and The National Trial Lawyers, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About John Fitch
First Admitted: 1979, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.thefitchlawfirm.com/about/attorneys/john-fitch/
- Ohio State Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Supreme Court
- Ohio Trial Courts
- Ohio Municipal and County Courts
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Stalwart for the American Association for Justice, 2020
- Member of the Ohio Association for Justice, 2020
- President of the Central Ohio Association for Justice, 1995-1996
- Member of the Columbus Bar Association, 2020
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association, 2020
- Member of the Central Ohio Association for Justice, 2020
- Board of Trustees of the Ohio Association for Justice, 1992-2002
- Investigative Techniques at the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers CLE
- John Fitch spoke on the topic of Closing Arguments at the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers CLE, Closing Arguments , Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers CLE
- John Fitch is the author of the Ohio Guide Book For Auto Accident Victims, Ohio Guide Book For Auto Accident Victims, Author
- John Fitch spoke on the topic of Sexual Abuse at the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys CLE, Sexual Abuse, Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys CLE
- John Fitch is the author of Personal Injury Litigation for the Columbus Bar Association CLE, Personal Injury Litigation, Columbus Bar Association CLE , 1995
- John Fitch is the author of Product Liability for the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers CLE, Product Liability, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers CLE , 1999
- AV Preeminent is the highest peer rating standard. This is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by their peers., AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile., Superb 10/10 Rating, AVVO
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. , Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. , Multi-Million Dollar Advocate, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- $134,000,000 Sexual Abuse: Mr. Fitch obtained a verdict of $134 Million Dollars on behalf of Amanda Brandt, who at age 11 and 12, was abused by Roy Pompa, one of Ohio’s most notorious predators. The verdict, rendered by a Cuyahoga County jury, is believed to be one of the largest personal injury verdicts in Ohio’s history. The trial court reduced the jury's verdict to 114M. Mr. Fitch's client is appealing.
- $3,150,000 Premises Liability: Male accidentally ingested paraquat, a toxic herbicide after it was improperly placed in a Pepsi bottle and stored in the refrigerator
- $1,550,000 Medical Malpractice: Death of 40 year old male due to failure to timely diagnose a rate form of cancer
- $2,650,000 Medical Malpractice: Infant suffered serious neurological injury at birth
- $1,150,000 Truck Accident: Traumatic brain injury
- $1,450,000 - Car Accident: Fracture of leg and ankle which led to a substantial lost income.
- Mr. Fitch is licensed in Ohio and Georgia and by the US District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio.
- B.S. - Ohio State University (History, Political Science, Economics), 1974
- NBC 4 news interviews John Fitch on Amanda Brandt Case and Ohio Tort Reform / Damage Caps, NBC 4 Spectrum - John Fitch Interviewed on Amanda Brandt Case, 2020
- , Fox News - Attorney John Fitch Battles For Justice For Ohio Sex Abuse Victim Amanda Brandt, 2020
- Ann Fisher from The Ohio Channel's All Sides show interviews John Fitch and Jessica Simpkins on Ohio Damage Caps and Tort Reform, The Ohio Channel - All Sides with Ann Fisher - John Fitch Interviewed on Ohio Damage Caps, 2020
- , WKRC Local 12 News - Ohio Sexual Abuse - Protecting Predators, 2017
- , The Fitch Law Firm Story, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022