John P. Johnson, II
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Columbus, OH
A member of The Behal Law Group LLC, John P. Johnson II focuses his practice primarily on divorce and other family law matters. From the firm’s office in Columbus, Ohio, he provides representation to clients in the metropolitan area and throughout the state. Mr. Johnson also has extensive experience in employment law and criminal defense, and his successful track record in all of these endeavors has earned him a great deal of favorable recognition from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo.
Many of Mr. Johnson’s family law clients are seeing their marriages coming to an end, and they turn to him for advice and counsel on such issues as property division, custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. He is often able to help them come to an agreement with their ex-spouses on these matters through mediation or settlement agreement negotiations, but when going to court proves to be necessary, he is an effective trial advocate on their behalf. Other family law matters that Mr. Johnson has handled include the preparation and review of prenuptial and postmarital agreements, and he has helped clients whose marriages have already been dissolved and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing parenting and support court orders.
Mr. Johnson has also represented both companies and workers in employment law cases involving workplace discrimination, wage and hour violations, and wrongful termination, and his criminal defense experience has included driving under the influence of alcohol, traffic violations and other state charges. A member of several legal and community organizations, he is a graduate of Capital University Law School, and he is admitted to practice in Ohio and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Business Litigation
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist
Family Relations Law
About John P. Johnson, II
First Admitted: 1993, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://behallaw.com/john-p-johnson-ii/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ohio Warriors Scholarship Fund, Board Member, Legal Advisor and Officer
- Central Ohio Advocates for Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Advocates for Justice, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Bar Foundation Fellow and Sustaining Member
- Juris Doctorate, Capital University Law School, 1993
- Ohio Wesleyan University, B.A. in Journalism, 1986
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubble Ratings Service, 2014
- Named by Columbus CEO Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Central Ohio for the past five years., Top Lawyers in Central Ohio, Columbus CEO Magazine
- OSBA Certified Specialist in Family Relations Law, 2017
- Columbus Bar Association Family Law Committee; Ohio State Bar Association;
Last Updated: 5/15/2022