Rex H. Elliott
Top rated personal injury attorney in Columbus, OhioCooper Elliott
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1991
Education: Syracuse University College of Law
Cooper Elliott305 West Nationwide Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43215 Visit website
The co-founder and owner of the Cooper Elliott law firm located in Columbus, Ohio, Rex H. Elliott is an attorney with over 30 years of experience in the legal field. He focuses his practice on personal injury and complex civil litigation matters, including wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, legal and medical malpractice, civil rights, wrongful incarceration, sexual abuse, traumatic brain injury, trucking and auto crash cases and more.
With a bachelor’s degree in political science and government from Denison University, Mr. Elliott is a member of the Denison University Hall of Fame and was a two-time All Ohio Athletic Conference wide receiver. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the Syracuse University College of Law, graduating summa cum laude. He served as the editor of the Syracuse Law Review and was the recipient of one of only two graduate school fellowships.
Having obtained numerous million-dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients, Mr. Elliott prioritizes his clients’ interests and needs. He goes the extra mile for his clients and handles all cases efficiently and cost-effectively. He is frequently selected to serve as an expert witness on important matters and lectures about trial techniques and strategies.
Mr. Elliott stays active in the legal community and has memberships in the American Association for Justice, the Ohio Association for Justice, the Central Ohio Association for Justice, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Elliott has received several testimonials from his satisfied clients for his professional and timely legal services. He has been added to the list of Best Lawyers by The Best Lawyers in America and is AV Preeminent peer review-rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has served on local boards and is currently on the board of teh Entrepenuers Organization otherwise known universally as EO.
Admitted to practice in the state of Ohio and New York, Mr. Elliott is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Medical malpractice
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.cooperelliott.com/our-attorneys/rex-h-elliott/
- Voted Super Lawyer each year since 2005
- Selected by peers to receive President's Award for Excellence
- Awarded Distinction of America's Best Lawyers
- Voted Super Lawyer Top Lawyers in Ohio and Top 50 in Columbus
- Denison University, two-time All Ohio Athletic Conference Wide Receiver, MVP Senior year and a member of the Denison University Hall of Fame
- Served on Boards of Ohio Association for Justice and Central Ohio Association for Justice
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Central Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York
Office location for Rex H. Elliott
305 West Nationwide Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023