Richard A.L. Piatt
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Columbus, OH
Founding member of The Law Offices of Saia & Piatt, Inc., Richard A. L. Piatt represents clients in central Ohio. With over two decades of experience, his practice is focused on the following types of cases: family law, criminal defense, OVI/DUI defense, estate planning, Title IX proceedings and personal injury. He is a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Instructor in field sobriety testing and was named a Top Lawyer in divorce and separation by Columbus CEO magazine in 2015.
Mr. Piatt is also a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. Admitted to practice in the state of Ohio since 1993, he is also a former prosecutor, which gives him insight into how both sides of the courtroom function.
With a major in journalism, Mr. Piatt graduated with his Bachelor of Arts from Ohio University. He then moved on to Capital University Law School, where he graduated with his Juris Doctor. With extensive legal knowledge and trial experience, he is known for his persistent defense and advocacy for every client.
Whether a client was injured by the negligence of another person or entity, or is facing charges of committing a crime, Mr. Piatt is dedicated to giving them focused, aggressive legal representation that improves their chances of having a successful future. With offices in Delaware, Ohio, and Columbus, Ohio, he also manages cases of juvenile law and domestic relations.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Richard A.L. Piatt
First Admitted: 1993, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.splaws.com/attorney/richard-a-piatt/
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Ratings
- Columbus CEO Magazine's Top Lawyers (Divorce/Separation), 2015
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, B.A. in Journalism
- Ohio, 1993
- Certified Administration of Field Sobriety Testing, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Instructor
Last Updated: 10/8/2021