Robert J. Behal
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Columbus, OH
Robert J. Behal is an attorney at The Behal Law Group LLC, in Columbus, Ohio. Mr. Behal practices in the areas of business, family and probate law and represents clients throughout central Ohio. He has over 40 years of experience representing individuals and business owners.
Mr. Behal has a diverse range of business experience, advising clients on matters such as purchasing or selling a business, contracts, real estate matters, tax issues and managing daily operations. He also provides personalized and diligent representation to clients seeking help with pre- and post-divorce issues, alimony, or other domestic legal matters. As an estate planning attorney, he assists clients with developing an estate plan designed with their best financial interests in mind.
As recognition for his accomplishments and successful professional career, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Behal an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is their highest available rating, presented to legal professionals possessing high ethical standards and legal capability. Additionally, in 2014 he was listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and named “domestic relations lawyer of the year” for central Ohio.
In addition to managing his law practice, Mr. Behal enjoys staying active in his local and professional communities, holding various leadership roles. He serves on the board of The Breathing Association and the City of Bexley, Ohio, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning.
Mr. Behal received a bachelor’s degree from The Ohio State University and earned his law degree from the Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Ohio state courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Contracts, Business Organizations, Alimony & Spousal Support, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2012, 2014 - 2022
About Robert J. Behal
First Admitted: 1977, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://behallaw.com/robert-j-behal/
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Board of Zoning and Planning for the City of Bexley, Ohio Board Member of The Breathing Association, Columbus OH
- Board Member Central Ohio Breathing Assn, President of Board 2003; Provided pro bono legal representation to The Breathing Assn.
- The Behal Law Group LLC represents numerous medium sized businesses as general counsel.
- B.A. The Ohio State University, 1974, Social Sciences (Pre-Med) Honors Curriculum: Bishop Watterson High School, Columbus, Ohio, 1971.
- Carrie Nelson Black Award, Central Ohio Breathing Association
- “Best Lawyers in America” and Domestic Relations Lawyer, Central Ohio, Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- “Super Lawyer” from 2006 through this year, Ohio Law and Politics magazine year.
- “AV” from the Martindale-Hubbell peer
- General Counsel to Many Industries
- Real Estate Development
Last Updated: 5/15/2022