Brian A. Muenchenbach
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Dayton, OH
Based in Dayton, Ohio, Brian A. Muenchenbach is of counsel to Sebaly Shillito + Dyer. He focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense matters, and he possesses extensive experience in family law issues as well. Mr. Muenchenbach has been admitted to practice before all Ohio state courts since 2012.
Mr. Muenchenbach’s criminal defense client base is made up of people who have been accused by the government of having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. To that end, he has handled a variety of charges, including driving under the influence of alcohol, assault and battery, weapons violations, burglary, and white collar crimes. Mr. Muenchenbach has been able to obtain positive results for his clients, whether through charge dismissals, bench and jury acquittals, or the negotiation of favorable plea agreements with the prosecution.
In his family law practice, Mr. Muenchenbach has provided advice and counsel to people who are contemplating divorce or who are already going through the process. He will work with them to reach an accord on the related matters of property division, parenting time, and spousal and child support, often taking a lead role in negotiating a comprehensive settlement agreement. In the event that talks have broken down or litigation otherwise seems to be inevitable, Mr. Muenchenbach is a forceful courtroom advocate on their behalf.
Mr. Muenchenbach has earned a great deal of positive recognition for the overall quality of his work and his high degree of ethics. He has received a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo, and he has been named to both The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 20%Family Law
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About Brian A. Muenchenbach
First Admitted: 2012, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ssdlaw.com/team/brian-muenchenbach/
- Ohio State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Southern Ohio
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Preble County Association
- Butler County Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorney's 10 Best Client Satisfaction, (Ohio, 2015, 2018)
- America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2018
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, (Criminal Law, 2013-2019)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- Mr. Muenchenbach was awarded the honor of being named as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers," in the field of criminal defense by The National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Attorneys, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Mr. Muenchenbach was awarded the honor of being named as a "Top 40 Under 40," attorney within the State of Ohio by The National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Miami University, Bachelor of Arts Degree, majoring in Political Science and Psychology, with a minor in Music Performance (Saxophone) in 2004
- The state of Ohio v. Joshua Cook. Mr. Cook was accused of several felony counts of rape of a minor and child endangering. Mr. Cook was facing multiple potential life sentences if convicted. After a lengthy jury trial, Mr. Muenchenbach was able to secure verdicts of not guilty on all counts but one misdemeanor charge. Mr. Cook was sentenced to a period of local incarceration as "time served," and was immediately released, 2013
Last Updated: 6/29/2022