Frank A. Malocu
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Dayton, OhioFrank A. Malocu, Attorney at Law
Attorney Frank A. Malocu is the founder and owner of Frank A. Malocu, Attorney At Law, in Dayton, Ohio. A top-rated and award-winning trial lawyer with over 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Malocu represents clients throughout the Miami Valley and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense
· Family law and divorce
· Personal injury and medical malpractice
A former Magistrate with the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court – Probate Division, Mr. Malocu has ruled on a variety of legal matters, giving him an uncommon insight into the Miami Valley's court system. This provides him with a unique ability to handle his clients' matters efficiently, and he has achieved success securing the favorable outcomes his clients expect and deserve in courts across his region.
Recognized for his outstanding professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Mr. Malocu holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer-review rating, and he has earned numerous other accolades from his peers. In 2014, the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys ranked him as one among the Top 10 Attorneys in Criminal Law, and The National Trial Lawyers named him among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the country that same year.
He has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo along with the Appointed Counsel Award from the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court. Furthermore, his law firm holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
A 1988 graduate of the University of Scranton, Mr. Malocu attended The University of Dayton School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991 and received the American Jurisprudence Award. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the Ohio Court of Appeals, the Ohio Supreme Court and all common pleas, municipal and mayor's courts across his state.
An active member of his legal community, Mr. Malocu is a member of the Ohio State and Dayton Bar Associations, the Ohio Association for Justice, and the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a 3rd Degree member of the Knights of Columbus as well as a member of the Free Masons.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Family law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Same sex family law, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 70% Criminal defense
- 20% Family law
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://www.daytonjustice.com/dayton_lawyer_Frank_Malocu.php
- Mayor's Courts of Ohio (All Cities)
- United States Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Western Division
- Municipal Courts of Ohio (All Municipalities and Cities)
- District Court of Appeals of Ohio (All Districts)
- Municipal Courts of Ohio (All Municipalities and Cities)
- Common Pleas Courts of Ohio (All Counties and All Divisions)
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- Knights of Columbus (3rd Degree) and Free Masons
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyer's Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- I am a trial lawyer, licensed to practice in the State of Ohio, including Federal Court. I am a Member of the Ohio State Bar Association; Dayton Bar Association; Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association. I am also proud to be a Knight of Columbus (3rd Degree) and a Freemason.
- Better Business Bureau
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA B.S. Accounting, 1988
- I received this award from my Insurance Law professor for having the highest grade in the class., American Jurisprudence Award, University of Dayton School of Law, 1990
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law
- I received the Top 10 Attorney Award in the field of Criminal Law for the State of Ohio., Top 10 Attorney Award, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2014
- I was given the award for how I handled court appointed criminal cases, and how I defended indigent clients., Appointed Counsel Award, Montgomery County Common Pleas Court, 1997
- I was invited into this Association in 2013., The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013
- I was a part time Magistrate in the Montgomery County Probate from 1992 until 1999, and handled all of the civil commitment hearings involving individuals alleged to be mentally ill and subject to court ordered hospitalization. I discussed case law and procedure. I assisted the ADAMHS Board's Lawyer in developing a protocol for forced medications to ensure fairness and due process., Lecturer, Ohio Mental Health Law Conference, ADAMHS Board For Montgomery County, 1993
- I spoke to the members about Civil Protection Orders in family court and how to successfully defend such petitions. I discussed the connection to criminal charges, rules of evidence and strategy., Guest Speaker, Montgomery County Family Law Forum, 2012
Office location for Frank A. Malocu
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023