W. Michael Conway
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Dayton, OhioLaw Office of W. Michael Conway
Mike Conway focuses his practice on estate planning and administration.
He has been certified as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the Ohio State Bar Association, and he represents clients throughout the greater Dayton metropolitan area and other parts of the state. Mr. Conway is admitted to practice in all Ohio courts, before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Tax Court, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is also a Certified Public Accountant, although he limits his professional practice to legal matters.
Mr. Conway has extensive experience in preparing and reviewing a variety of estate planning documents. In addition to a Last Will and Testament, he advises his clients to consider establishing a Living Will, a Health Care Power of Attorney, and possibly one or more financial Powers of Attorney. Where appropriate, many of his clients set up trusts to meet their individual objectives and needs.
Mr. Conway has served as attorney for executors, administrators and trustees in hundreds of estate and trust administration engagements.
He is also a Court-approved Mediator, especially in Probate matters.
Mr. Conway majored in accounting at Eastern Kentucky University, and in 1972, received a Bachelor of Business Administration. He subsequently enrolled at the University of Dayton School of Law, and he served as a judge in moot court competitions before graduating with his Juris Doctor in 1977. Mr. Conway is quite active in his community, with his civic memberships having included the Dayton Sertoma Club, Junior Achievement of Dayton, Dayton Children's Hospital, the University of Dayton, the Kettering Board of Education, Archbishop Alter High School Advisory Board, and he presently serves on the Board of Directors of Dayair Credit Union.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
First Admitted: 1977, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.mconwaylawyer.com/attorney/conway-w-michael/
- Foundation Board Member, Widows Home of Dayton Counsel, Catch the Building Spirit President, Joseph E. & Mary E. Keller Foundation Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2009
- Treasurer, Junior Achievement of Dayton, 1980 - 1990
- Volunteer attorney, Volunteer Lawyers’ Project of Dayton, annually since 1990
- Tri-Chair, Kettering City Schools Bond Issue Levy Campaign, 2002
- Past Board Member, Engineering and Science Hall of Fame, Dayton, 2010 - 2016
- Member, Dayton Children's Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Council, 2007 to Present
- Board Member, Dayton Sertoma Club Foundation, 1980 to Present
- Certified Public Accountant (non-practicing registration) OSBA Board Certified Specialist - Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Ohio and Florida - Life & Health Insurance and Annuities Sales Person Ohio - Real Estate Sales Person, 2009
- Founded ReelVisits.com - business that visits Elders monthly, gathers video clips about Elders' lives and makes them available to family members by internet., 2009
- Longworth v. Childers, Montgomery County Court of Appeals - Court of Appeals ruled client not guilty of concealment of assets----Watts v. Watts, Warren County Common Pleas Court - Court found stepmother client not liable to stepdaughter for unjust enrichment following death of father/husband, 2009
- President, Dayton Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, 2009
- Dayton Bar Association, Treasurer, 1990 - 1994
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- Federal District Courts, Southern District of Ohio and Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Service to my undergraduate institution has been an honor and a privilege., President, Eastern Kentucky University International Alumni Association, 2009
Office location for W. Michael Conway
3080 Ackerman Blvd., Suite 330
Dayton, OH 45429
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2008
Certificates and credentials
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law