Judith E. Galeano
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Dublin, OH
As a partner at Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd., Judith E. Galeano is committed to representing clients in Dublin and Columbus, as well as throughout Central Ohio. She focuses her practice on handling employment law cases, including discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination matters. Ms. Galeano also accepts family law cases, such as those involving divorce, property division and custody issues.
In 1987, Ms. Galeano graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in economics from The University of Toledo. She then attended The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law on scholarship, receiving a Juris Doctor in 1990.
People who are facing civil litigation regarding their employment or their family need an experienced attorney who can provide sound advice about how to proceed. For decades, Ms. Galeano has guided families and individuals through negotiations and trials. She knows that a strong argument is essential to protecting her clients’ best interests.
Taking a client-centered approach to her practice, Ms. Galeano has consistently returned favorable results for those she represents. For her accomplishments, she holds the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, and she has an Avvo “Superb” rating.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Galeano is a member of the Women Lawyers of Franklin County, the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association and the Central Ohio Association for Justice. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Family Law
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
Employment Law - Employee, Custody & Visitation, Divorce
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
About Judith E. Galeano
First Admitted: 1990, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.myglaw.com/attorney/judith-e-galeano/
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- I became Managing Partner and Majority Shareholder of Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd., 2019
- I am a member of the Professional Ethics Committee of the Columbus Bar Association from 2016 through present. It is ongoing. , 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1992
- Member, Inns of Court
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1993
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Member, American Bar Association
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio, 1990
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1991
- Member, Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Attorney Directory
- I have been a Super Lawyer from 2009 - 2019, Voted Ohio Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2019, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Top 25 Women
- University of Toledo, B.A. cum laude, Major: Economics, Honors: Walls Full Academic Scholarship
- Presenter, Retaliation Under Title VII: Still A Growth Area, Columbus Bar Association, 2010
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Trustee Member for the Dublin Arts Council, including Board subcomittee responsible for oversight of Council's largest annual fund raising event. , 2018
- Board Member, Dublin Foundation
Last Updated: 5/15/2022