Michael G. Polito
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fairview Park, OH
- Free Consultation
Attorney Michael G. Polito is a founding partner of Polito | Rodstrom | Burke LLP law firm in Fairview Park, Ohio. A top-ranked and award-winning trial attorney, Mr. Polito provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across the state who are dealing with complex litigation involving a wide range of disputes, including plaintiff personal injury, business and corporate litigation, and domestic relations litigation.
Along with handling all types of civil litigation, Mr. Polito devotes a significant portion of his practice to criminal defense, and he has earned certification to represent offenders suffering from mental illness. From his efforts, he has achieved a long record of securing acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for the accused.
Equally effective in his civil litigation practice, Mr. Polito has developed a particular interest in providing a voice for the most vulnerable members of society, including children and the elderly. In addition to handling personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies, he has successfully handled many child sexual abuse claims as well as nursing home abuse and neglect claims. He has also handled class actions involving violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
In recognition for his success in recovering substantial compensation for his plaintiff injury clients and other innocent victims, Mr. Polito has earned a membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums along with consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He also holds a Top 100 Trial Lawyer designation from The National Trial Lawyers, and the Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce named him Business Person of the Year in 2013.
A 1987 graduate of the University of Detroit, Mr. Polito attended Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1990. He holds his admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Polito is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, and he has also served as delegate to the Eighth Judicial Conference. Outside of his legal practice, he has served as president of the Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce, and he is heavily involved with his local schools along with coaching Little League Baseball.
About Michael G. Polito
First Admitted: 1991, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://pprblaw.com/attorneys/michael-g-polito/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Little League Baseball, Coach
- Approximately twenty (20%) of my practice consists of representing indigent criminal defendants. This part of my practice truly reminds me of why I became a lawyer. It reminds me that I am part of a noble profession, not just a business.
- Certification to represent mentally ill offenders
- Mentor to young lawyers through the Supreme Court of Ohio’s Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Mentor to Cleveland public high school students through the Rotsky Foundation for Mentors
- Eighth Judicial Conference Delegate, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Eighth Judicial Conference Delegate, 2012
- Eighth Judicial Conference Delegate, Life Member, 2016
- Victims of all types of injuries or wrongful death, as well as retained and indigent criminal defendants.
- St. Ignatius High School, Cleveland, OH, 1983
- University of Detriot, B.A. English/Philosophy, Honors Program 1990 Cleveland Marshall College of Law, 1987
- Civil Plaintiff Law Selection, Top 100 National Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyers, 2014
- Principal counsel in a settlement or verdict in the amount of Two Million Dollars or more., Multi-Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2014
- Top 100 Ohio Trial Lawyers
- Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year 2013
- Super Lawyers, 2013
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
- $775,000.00 settlement for family of 20 year old for wrongful death from a UTV accident , 2019
- Criminal Law In February 2017 Obtained a Not Guilty Jury Verdict in a Cold Case Rape, Kidnapping and Robbery Case; Obtained Not Guilty Jury Verdict for Attempted Murder Charge; Obtained Dismissal of three counts of Sexual Imposition prior to trial; Obtained Rule 29 acquittal of Procuring Prostitution charge following three days of a Jury Trial; Obtained Not Guilty Jury Verdict for Felonious Assault Charge; Obtained a Not Guilty Verdict for Assault on a Corrections Officer charge for a Defendant suffering from PTSD
- Personal Injury Multi-Million Dollar Settlement against flight school for estate of 29 year old victim of airplane crash; $500,000 settlement – child victim of sexual abuse by eighth grade teacher at private school; $350,000. settlement for a 68 year old female victim of Nursing Home Negligence; $300,000 settlement - auto accident, highway collision; $250,000 settlement for estate of 70 year old victim of head-on motor vehicle collision; $150,000 settlement – slip and fall in stairway of apartment building, spinal cord injury; $117,500 settlement – auto accident, cervicogenic headache injury $90,000 settlement- nursing home patient who fell while being showered $82,500 settlement- nursing home patient with dementia who suffered an unexplained fall $75,000 settlement- Section 1983 action against police officer for excessive force, i.e. too tight handcuffing
Last Updated: 5/15/2022