Rhys J. Richards
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Hamilton, OhioThe Richards Firm
Founder of The Richards Firm, Rhys J. Richards is a personal injury attorney who represents clients in Butler County, Hamilton, West Chester, Oxford, Fairfield and Middletown, Ohio. With a focus on truck accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect, animal bites, car accidents and premises liability, he brings over a decade of experience to his practice as he helps those who have been injured by the negligence of another.
Admitted to practice in both Ohio and Kentucky, Mr. Richards is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. He attended Bowling Green State University, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English and history and a minor in Africana studies. At the University of Cincinnati College of Law, he earned his Juris Doctor in 2007.
A member of the American Association for Justice, Mr. Richards is also involved with a long list of other professional organizations. These include the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, the Ohio Association for Justice, the Ohio State Bar Foundation, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Kentucky Justice Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association and the Butler County Bar Association.
Within the Ohio State Bar Association, Mr. Richards is a former chairperson of the Insurance Law Committee and current chairperson of the Negligence Law Committee. A former treasurer, vice president and president of the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, he is a current board member for the organization.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://richardsinjuryfirm.com/personal-injury-lawyer-cincin...
- I've given several versions of a presentation on subrogation through the National Business Institute. I've also helped with a panel presentation regarding ethical matters.
- President’s Award for Most Distinguished Service, BGSU, 2004
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017-2020
- District 1 Award for Community Service by Lawyers 40 and Under, Ohio Bar Foundation, 2011
- Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation Class of 2011
- Graduate, Ohio State Bar Foundation Academy, 2010
- American Cancer Society – Cancer Action Network
- American Cancer Society, Butler County Board (Past Board President)
- Greater Hamilton Civic Theater Board (Current Member and Past Board Member)
- USA Hockey (Player and Coach)
- Member, International Association of Lions Clubs, Ross Chapter (2020- present)
- Board Member, The Butler Philharmonic (2020-present)
- Bowling Green State University Honors College Leadership Council (2019- present)
- Northern Kentucky Youth Hockey Association, Coach
- OSBA Insurance Law Committee (Past Chairperson)
- OSBA Negligence Law Committee (Past Chairperson)
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association (Current Board Member and Past President, Vice President, and Treasurer)
- American Association for Justice, Ohio State Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Foundation, Ohio Association for Justice, Kentucky Bar Association, Kentucky Association for Justice, Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, Butler County Bar Association
- Kentucky, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- Ohio, 2007
- Bowling Green State University, Bachelor of Arts in English and History with a minor in Africana Studies, magna cum laude, 2004
Office location for Rhys J. Richards
246 High St
Hamilton, OH 45011
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022