Amy L. Papesh
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Mayfield Heights, OhioElk & Elk Co., Ltd.
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Elder law
Licensed in Ohio since: 2000
Amy is an attorney with the law firm of Elk & Elk. She concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, and guardianships. As the head of the firm’s Probate Division, she is able to provide vast services to the firm’s clients by tending to all of their probate or estate needs in-house.
Before joining the firm in 2005, she practiced at a boutique firm in Chagrin Falls where she focused primarily on estate planning, estate administration, and domestic relations law.
Attorney Papesh obtained her law degree from Cleveland Marshall College of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from John Carroll University. Amy is currently a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Portage County Bar Association, and is licensed to practice law before the Ohio Supreme Court and the Florida Supreme Court.
Amy has been recognized as an “Ohio Rising Star” by Super Lawyer’s magazine for 2010, 2012 and 2013 and she has been selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers list since 2016. Amy earned a spot on the Top 50 Women Ohio Super Lawyers in 2019 and the Top 25 Women Cleveland Super Lawyers lists in 2019 and 2020.
In 2017, she presented at the national Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference in Las Vegas. Amy has also lectured on a national level for National Business Institute on various estate administration matters. She often lectures locally for the Ohio State Bar Association, the National Business Institute and various local professional groups and organizations on estate planning and administration issues.
On behalf of Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., attorney Papesh represents clients with probate administration and probate litigation needs in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Canton, Youngstown, Lorain, Hamilton, Elyria, Mentor, Middletown, Cuyahoga Falls, Mansfield, Newark, Warren, Strongsville, Beavercreek, Lima, Findley, Lancaster, Westerville, Marion, Brunswick, Medina, Wooster, Sandusky, Zanesville, Xenia, Centerville, Alliance, Chillicothe, Troy, Athens, Ashland, Piqua, Portsmouth, Norwood, Sidney, Miamisburg, Ashtabula, Sylvania, Steubenville, Marysville, Tiffin, Springboro, Pickerington, Perrysburg, Fremont, Norwalk, Defiance and Mount Vernon, Ohio.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
- 80% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Elder law
First Admitted: 2000, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.elkandelk.com/attorneys/amy-l-papesh/
- Amy often lectures locally for the Ohio State Bar Association, the National Business Institute and various local professional groups and organizations on estate planning and administration issues., Ohio State Bar Association lectures
- Presenter at the national Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference in Las Vegas (2017)., Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference
- Amy often lectures locally for the Ohio State Bar Association, the National Business Institute and various local professional groups and organizations on estate planning and administration issues., National Business Institute lectures
- Senior Lunch Series at the Crowne Plaza, Middleburg Heights (2016)
- Probate Process Overview and Post-Mortem Tax Planning for NBI in Cleveland (2016)
- Guardianships, From Start to Finish, NBI, Cleveland (2016)
- Advanced Estate and Trust Administration for NBI in Cleveland (2016)
- First Steps in Probate Planning and Marshalling and Valuing the Assets (2016)
- Working with the Probate Court (Personal Injury Seminar) for NBI in Cleveland (2016)
- Senior Lunch Series, Holiday Inn in Independence (2016)
- Estate Planning from A to Z – NBI, Cleveland (2017)
- , Ohio Super Lawyers
- , Top 25 Women Cleveland Super Lawyers, 2020
- , Top 50 Women Ohio Super Lawyers, 2019
- Amy heads the firm's Probate Division. Amy has vast experience with Probate Law and her knowledge in this area of law allows the firm to assist our clients by attending to their probate needs in house
- John Carroll University, B.A., Sociology
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Supreme Court, Bar No: 0072506, 2000
- Florida Supreme Court, Bar No: 113356, 2005
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Portage County Bar Association
- Board Member, International Adoption Agency
Office location for Amy L. Papesh
6105 Parkland Boulevard
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2013