Top rated employment litigation attorney in Mayfield Heights, OhioElk & Elk Co., Ltd.
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Appellate, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 2010
Education: Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Elk & Elk Co., Ltd.6105 Parkland Boulevard
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124 Visit website
At Ohio law firm Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., Kimberly Young focuses on employment law for plaintiffs, particularly matters pertaining to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Ms. Young has a passion for defending the civil rights of those who have been wronged by employers. She is committed to helping clients who have been discriminated or retaliated against or have been victims of unfair wage practices and other employment injustices. Ms. Young accepts clients throughout Ohio. In addition, Ms. Young leads the firm's motion practice and appellate group where her research, writing and oral advocacy skills are utilized on a firm-wide basis.
After graduating summa cum laude from Cleveland State University, Ms. Young earned her Juris Doctor from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University. As a law student, Ms. Young assisted people through the school's employment law clinic, gaining an understanding of the challenges that employees often face. Her interest in civil rights advocacy was further sparked by her work as a student practitioner at a non-profit organization.
Today, Ms. Young is admitted to practice law in Ohio and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Ms. Young is an active member of various bars and associations, including the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the Lake County Bar Association. She also serves as governing trustee of the Ohio Association for Justice. Ms. Young is highly regarded by her peers, as well as clients, for her professionalism, skill, and experience.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Appellate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Appeals, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall
- 60% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Appellate
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2010, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.elkandelk.com/attorneys/kimberly-young/
- Classes/Seminars: Building Your Case with Electronic Evidence: Facebook, Text, Email Evidence and More – What to Do With It: Processing, Review and Production; Legal Ethics and ESI(National Business Institute) December, 2017
- , Ohio Super Lawyers "Rising Stars"
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- $3.5 Million - Result for neonate/child following incorrect placement of a PEG tube which caused quadripelegia, 2011
- $2.76 Million Verdict - Plaintiff was riding a motorcycle when the right rear axle broke. An auto parts store sold the defective part, one person was killed and another severely injured., 2015
- $1.95 Million –Delay in diagnosing epidermal hematoma which resulted in partial paralysis, 2016
- $500,000 – Misdiagnosis and treatment of mesenteric ischemia resulted in death, 2017
- $80,000 – Partnership dispute/wrongful termination, 2015
- Cleveland State University, B.A., Summa Cum Laude
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- Governing Trustee, Ohio Association for Justice
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Federal Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Ohio Assocation For Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
Office location for Kimberly Young
6105 Parkland Boulevard
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2020