William J. Price
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mayfield Heights, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Attorney William J. Price of Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., focuses his practice on personal injury litigation for those who have been hurt seriously or died while riding their motorcycles and those hurt in a car accidents or while simply walking across the street. At Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., his title is General Tort, Product, and Professional Liability Civil Attorney.
Attorney Price is a former Summit County prosecutor and published author. His published cases include: "Aggravation of Congenital Defect Claimed Following Car Crash," "Head-On Crash Resolved Through Mediation," and "Pre-Suit Settlement Reached in Dram Shop Matter."
Attorney William (Bill) Price is a motorcycle rider as well as motorcycle accident injury attorney, and a member of Harley Owners Group Boston Heights Chapter, Women on Wheels (WOW) Associate Member, ABATE of Ohio, the American Motorcycle Association (AMA) and an honorary member of the Lorain County Street Soldiers. His honors and certifications include membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is a member of several bar associations and licensed to practice in federal district and appellate court (Northern District of Ohio).
He received his law degree from Michigan State University, and he was recently named as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine. He has tried more than 40 cases in multiple civil areas of negligence, product liability and wrongful death. Attorney Price represents clients throughout the 88 Ohio counties, including Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Canton, Youngstown, Lorain, Hamilton, Elyria, Mentor, Middletown, Cuyahoga Falls, Mansfield, Newark, Warren, Strongsville, Beavercreek, Lima, Findley, Lancaster, Westerville, Marion, Brunswick, Medina, Wooster, Sandusky, Zanesville, Xenia, Centerville, Alliance, Chillicothe, Troy, Athens, Ashland, Piqua, Portsmouth, Norwood, Sidney, Miamisburg, Ashtabula, Sylvania, Steubenville, Marysville, Tiffin, Springboro, Pickerington, Perrysburg, Fremont, Norwalk, Defiance and Mount Vernon, Ohio.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
- Top 100: 2023 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2023 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Cleveland Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About William J. Price
First Admitted: 1999, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.elkandelk.com/attorneys/william-j-price/
- Mr. Price helps those people who have been hurt seriously or died while riding their motorcycle, in a car or simply walking across the street.
- Harley Owner's Group, Boston Heights Chapter
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Federal District and Appellate Court: Northern District of Ohio
- Women on Wheels (WOW) Associate Member
- Honorary Member of the Lorain County Street Soldiers
- Ohio State Bar Association: Negligence and Insurance Law Committees
- National Board of Trial Advocates
- ABATE of Ohio
- Harley Owner's Group
- Ohio State Bar Association - District 12 Delegate, 1999
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, Litigation, Negligence and Young Lawyers Sections
- American Motorcycle Association (AMA)
- $400K – Pre-suit Settlement Reached in Dram Shop Matter
- $4.7 Million – A motorist sustained a crushing injury to his ankle, leaving him permanently disabled for the remainder of his life after a head-on collision with another vehicle.
- $120K – Slip-and-Fall causing neck, back and ankle injuries, and aggravation of pre-existing bone spurs
- $1.1 Million – Motor vehicle accident resulting in the wrongful death of a police officerThe Plaintiff worked as a police officer and was picking up debris in the road when the Defendant, who was driving a truck, hit the Plaintiff and dragged him along the roadway. This resulted in the death of the Plaintiff.
- $200K – fractured rib, multiple bruises, broken arm, fractured pelvis, internal bleeding, blood clots in urine, glass in elbow, punctured lung, lacerated liver and bruised kidney caused by collision
- $300,000 – Our client slipped and fell on a diving board that was not properly maintained, resulting in torn meniscus and all tendons in knee. Plaintiff required multiple surgeries. .
- $200K – Wrongful death caused by collapsed trench
- $100K – Collision resulting in massive trauma, wrongful death
- $33K, Client's scalp was damaged after the negligence of a hair stylist. She incurred a little over $1000.00 in medical bills. Mr. Price was able to convince the insurance company to pay over $30,000.00 in pain and suffering.
- $100K – Head, neck, back injuries, right-side pain from underarm to foot resulting from collision
- $200K – Aggravation of Congenital Defect Claimed Following Car Crash
- $1.45 Million – A traffic control zone was improperly designed and maintained, which resulted in a motorcyclist sustaining a traumatic brain injury.
- $100K – Collision causing broken knees, femur, pelvis, hip, arm and collar bone, 6 fractured ribs, multiple bruises and scar on forehead
- $575,000 – Our client fell out of a tube at a local water park, resulting in paralysis to the right side of his body.
- $290K – Collision resulting in fractured leg, multiple cuts and bruising
- $249,000 – Soft tissue verdict with hairline fractures. Defendant failed to yield while making a left turn and plaintiff hit the front passenger-side wheel well. Plaintiff’s hairline fracture resolved in three months, however plaintiff suffered continuous soft tissue pain. Jury agreed.
- $1.5 Million – A fuel explosion in Akron/Canton area severely burned a mother and child, leaving severe scars and horrific skin disfigurement. Co-Counsel: Christopher Tipping
- $65K, Client was stopped at a red light and was struck from behind and experienced neck and back soft tissue injuries.
- $100K – Collision resulting in fractured pelvis, ankles, damaged spleen and respiratory distress
- $605K – Head-On Crash Resolved Through Mediation
- $3 Million – Gas explosion in Southern Ohio resulting in a father sustaining third-degree burns to his forearms and upper torso, leaving him permanently scarred and emotionally traumatized for life.
- $105K – Chronic headaches, neck and back injuries, numbness in both arms resulting from collision
- $850,000 – A tree-trimmer died due to a product defect when a fiberglass boom failed in the extended position when the deceased was trimming limbs near a power line.
- $249K – Collision resulting in neck, lower back, shoulder and leg pain
- $250,000 – Motorcycle collision results in multiple injuriesThe Defendant failed to yield at a left turn and hit the Plaintiff, who was riding a motorcycle, head on. Our Client suffered lacerations to the forehead, road rash, arm and back injuries, and a fractured right leg, which required surgery.
- $290K – Collision resulting in fractured arm, surgery, scarring and numbness, lacerated liver and spleen, bruised lungs, head trauma
- $100,000.00 – Fractured Pelvis and Ankles in Failure to Stop Case.
- $105K – Severe head injury, severed ear, scull and facial fractures resulting from collision
- Bowling Green State University, 1995, BSBA - Finance/International Business
- A review of case law concerning an expert's role in attacking a party's credibility., When Experts Dismantle a Party's Credibility, Ohio Trial Magazine
- A review of the recent Supreme Court Decision concerning the admissability of specific Expert Testimony., "Valentine v. Conrad" - Expanding the Role of Gatekeeper, Cleveland Association of Trial Lawyers Newsletter-
- A review of the $249,000.00 verdict in favor of Gary Hanes stemming from a motorcycle accident., "Gary Hanes Day in Court", VBOOST Magazine, National Magazine Supporting V-Max Motorcycle Riders
- A summary of how smells, actions, and sounds can play into a jury's decision., Good Counsel , Trial
- A Walk on the Dark Side: Observations from an Insurance Industry Defense Lawyer - Turned Plaintiff's Counsel
- Preparing Cases for Settlement, Ohio Trial Magazine Vol, 17, No. 2., 2007
- Valentine v. Conrad - Expanding the Role of Gatekeeper, Cleveland Association of Trial Lawyers Newsletter - Fall of 2007
- Good Counsel, Trial, June 2008
- How to Use Discovery From a Dismissed Case in Your Re-Filed Case, Ohio Trial, Winter 2009
- How to Avoid Defense Counsel’s Tactics on Cross Examination, Northeast Ohio Chiropractor's Association - Spring 2006
- Insurance Issues for the Elderly, Various AARP Meetings: 2006
- The Ohio Trial Reporter, Aggravation of Congenital Defect Claimed Following Car Crash
- The Ohio Trial Reporter, Head-On Crash Resolved Through Mediation
- The Ohio Trial Reporter, Pre-Suit Settlement Reached in Dram Shop Matter
Pro bono/Community Service
- Autism Speaks
- Mulit-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocates
- Elk + Elk Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition© Congratulations to Elk + Elk Managing P… https://t.co/ndfLBdsA7z
- The Camp Lejeune Justice Act is a new law that allows filing a lawsuit in U.S. federal court. Veterans who were den… https://t.co/hAL2ltMdYD
- The Elk + Elk Cleveland location got a beautiful new addition! We want to thank @metrohealthCLE and… https://t.co/2fQmAE3vpY
- As school buses hit the road for the new year, there is a different set of rules drivers must adhere to. Do you kno… https://t.co/c8lqY8ZUCy
- IT'S TIME! That's right, football is back in Cleveland. Elk + Elk Proud Partner of the Cleveland @Browns🏈 https://t.co/2NEt9UUbdR
Last Updated: 7/19/2022