Dustin R. Hurley
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Middletown, OhioHurley Law, LLC
Dustin R. Hurley has enjoyed a diverse legal career, making him uniquely qualified to effectively represent businesses and business owners. His practice is focused on Business Law, Commercial Real Estate, and Business Litigation.
Following graduation from law school, Dustin accepted a position as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Montgomery County, Ohio. He was immediately in the courtroom every day, handling a high volume of cases. This is where Dustin had his first trials and started to develop his strong litigation skills.
Dustin eventually left the Prosecutor's Office and began practicing bankruptcy law. In this role, Dustin worked directly with individuals and families in resolving debt issues. He also gained extensive experience in federal court litigation during this time, including many motions, oral arguments, and evidentiary hearings.
Always having an entrepreneurial spirit, and a business education background, Dustin wanted to use his knowledge and experience to help business owners. That was the driving force behind starting Hurley Law. Since that time, Hurley Law has grown into a law firm with multiple attorneys and staff, working in multiple office locations, and representing clients in nearly all practice areas.
Now, Dustin's practice is primarily focused on serving as outside general counsel for businesses. His diverse experience allows him to effectively advise business clients on a wide range of legal topics, from drafting simple contracts to being lead trial counsel on multi-year federal litigation. This reduces the need for business clients to work with multiple lawyers or law firms, and allows him to be more effective by having a deeper understanding of his clients' business.
Dustin is also known for being an active volunteer within the Middletown, Ohio community. He has served as a board member and officer for multiple non-profit organizations, and commission member for the City of Middletown. Dustin was previously the City Attorney for a nearby municipality. He has been an acting prosecutor in multiple courts. Dustin is also a frequent lecturer to attorneys and Judges for Continuing Legal Education seminars. He frequently plays drums for his church's music team.
He has been voted by other attorneys as an Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star since 2016.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Real estate: business, Business litigation
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance, Short sale, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 50% Business/corporate
- 30% Real estate: business
- 20% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2008, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.hurley.law/attorney/dustin-r-hurley/
- , Board of Trustees, Middletown Community Foundation, http://www.mcfoundation.org/our-trustees.html
- , President, Mid-Miami Valley Bar Association, none available
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40 in Ohio, 2014-2015
- 10 Best Bankruptcy Attorneys in Ohio, 2014
- 5/5 Average Client Rating
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business/Corporate Law, 2016-2017, Rising Star - Business/Corporate Law, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2016
- Clients' Choice Award, 2014-2015
- Better Business Bureau Accredited Business
- 10/10 Avvo Rating
- Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Board of Directors, Dowtown Middletown, Inc. , 2016
- Service Team Leader, The Oaks Community Church
- Board Member and Treasurer, Middletown Young Professionals
- Government Relations Committee, The Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Trustees, Middletown Conventions and Visitors Bureau, 2017
- Miami University School of Business, B.S. Management, 2005
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- State of Ohio, 2008
Office location for Dustin R. Hurley
301 North Breiel Boulevard
Middletown, OH 45042
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023