Michael J. Maillis
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Poland, OhioKisling Nestico & Redick LLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1995
Education: The University of Akron School of Law
Kisling Nestico & Redick LLC22 E McKinley Way
Poland, OH 44512 Visit website
Attorney Michael J. Maillis is a partner at the law firm Kisling Nestico & Redick LLC in Poland, Ohio. Devoting his practice to personal injury law, Mr. Maillis represents plaintiffs throughout Ohio in actions involving motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other issues.
In his more than 25 years as a practicing lawyer, Mr. Maillis has earned accolades for his professionalism and record of success. He was selected for inclusion on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list in 2016 and 2019, and he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1990, Mr. Maillis graduated from Youngstown State University with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He went on to earn his law degree from the University of Akron School of Law in 1995. He then passed the Ohio bar examination and obtained his license to practice law before all Ohio state courts.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Maillis served as a public defender at the Stark County Public Defender’s Office. He then spent three years as the prosecutor for the City of Youngstown and a year at the Mahoning County Prosecutor’s Office. He began his career as a personal injury attorney with a private practice in 2002 before joining Kisling Nestico & Redick LLC in 2013.
In his personal injury practice, Mr. Maillis provides dedicated and personal representation to each client. He has strong negotiation skills and litigation experience, which he uses when pursuing the most favorable outcomes for each client’s situation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Criminal Law, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Dram Shop Laws, Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 1995, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.knrlegal.com/our-attorneys/michael-j-maillis/
- , AV Peer Review Rated, Preeminent by Martindale Hubbel for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff – Top 100 Attorneys, 2016 & 2019
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2007
- Marathon Maniacs Club, Member
- Youngstown Road Runners Club, Member
- Youngstown State University, Bachelor of Arts, with Major: Economics, 1990
- $320,000.00 verdict in auto accident claim. Broken wrist and surgery. , 2020
- 2,000,000.00 settlement for drop foot and fractured pelvis. , 2020
- I am a regular presenter at NBI seminars instructing other attorneys in Ohio on matters regarding handling automobile accident cases and other personal injury claims. Also, was a presenter on premises liability at 2021 OAJ seminar in Cleveland. , Speaker, Ohio Association of Justice, Plaintiffs Lawyers, 2021
- Mahoning County Bar Association, 2022
- Mahoning County Bar Association, Bar review committee, 2022
Office location for Michael J. Maillis
22 E McKinley Way
Poland, OH 44512
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007