Dan J. Weisenburger
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Ravenna, OhioWeisenburger Law Offices, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI
Licensed in Ohio since: 1981
Attorney Dan Weisenburger practices exclusively in the field of criminal defense, with an emphasis on representing individuals accused of felony offenses and DUI/OVI. His primary law office in Portage County is located in Downtown Ravenna, a 90-second walk from the Portage County courthouse. His Summit County office is located in the City of Stow at Ross Commons, less than 5 minutes from Stow Municipal Court.
Former Municipal Court Prosecutor
After graduating from law school and passing the Ohio bar in 1981, Mr. Weisenburger continued to serve as a municipal court prosecutor for several years, establishing a reputation as a tough, formidable opponent in the courtroom. Since leaving the prosecutor's office, Mr. Weisenburger has concentrated on criminal defense litigation, using his vast experience to defend clients throughout Northeast Ohio.
Over Forty Years of Experience in Criminal Law
Over the years, Mr. Weisenburger built a substantial criminal defense practice, skillfully defending thousands of clients and litigating charges in hundreds of criminal trials. He knows the local courts, the judges, the prosecutors and the intricacies of the criminal courts in Portage County and a Northeast Ohio. His expertise in the field of criminal law has evolved from thousands of courtroom appearances.
Nationally Certified Criminal Defense Specialist
Attorney Weisenburger is nationally certified as a Criminal Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy .
He is the only Portage County lawyer certified as a Criminal Defense Specialist, and one of a handful among Ohio lawyers.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer (Ohio) - National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Client Distinction Award - Martindale Hubbell
- National College of DUI Defense
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Working with a Knowledgeable Team
Mr. Weisenburger maintains a well-trained and knowledgeable staff including two Associate Attorneys, two Paralegals, a Legal Assistant and an Office Manager.
Former Baseball Coach and Supporter of the Protection of the Environment
On a side note: Mr. Weisenburger is an avid sports fan and coached youth baseball for twenty years. Some of his local students describe him as a very dedicated and talented coach, the best coach they ever had.
Mr. Weisenburger also supports the protection of the environment and reforestation through his membership in the Arbor Day Foundation.
First Admitted: 1981, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohiocrimelawyer.com/dan-weisenburger/189-dan-wei...
- Baseball coach in local community, 1975
- Ohio State Bar Association. Member from 1981 to present, 1981
- Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialist (NBTA) Certification renewed in 2009 and 2014., 2004
- Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialist, 2004
- Also 2014 and 2015, Top 100 DUI Defense Lawyers, National Advocacy for DUI Defense, 2013
- Also 2014 and 2015, National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- Also 2015, Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer, The American Society of Legal Advocates, 2014
- Also 2015, Top Ten Attorney Award, National Academy of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024