John A. Lancione
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Rocky River, OH
As principal attorney at The Lancione Law Firm, John A. Lancione handles personal injury cases of medical malpractice and birth injuries. Admitted to practice in the state of Ohio since 1988, Mr. Lancione has over three decades of experience representing the people of Ohio who have been injured by the negligence of another. His experience extends to the following types of cases: wrongful death, strokes and heart attacks, spinal cord injuries, pulmonary embolisms, paralysis, anesthesia and medicine, gentamicin, emergency medicine, cerebral palsy, catastrophic injuries, cancer misdiagnosis and medical negligence.
At Denison University in 1985, Mr. Lancione earned his Bachelor of Arts with a major in political science. He then attended Case Western Reserve University School of Law where he graduated in 1988 with his Juris Doctor. The U.S. News & World Report has selected him for inclusion in the Best Lawyers list since 2011. In 2017, the American Association for Justice gave him The Dan Cullen Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award.
Since 2007, Mr. Lancione has been included in the Best Lawyers of America, and in 2018, he was inducted into the International Society of Barristers. Columbus Monthly, Cincinnati Magazine and Cleveland Magazine named him one of the Top Attorneys in Ohio in 2013. For his ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Lancione has been actively involved with the Ohio Association for Justice as a former member of the executive committee, president elect, member of the advocates circle, member of the board of trustees and president of the organization. He is also a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Cuyahoga County Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
www.lancionelaw.com - John A. Lancione, an Ohio medical malpractice attorney, has over nineteen years of legal experience and is admitted to practice law in Ohio. He has earned a national reputation for accomplishments in birth injury litigation.
About John A. Lancione
First Admitted: 1988, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.lancionelaw.com/our-firm/john-a-lancione/
- Ohio Association for Justice, President, 2008-2009
- Ohio Association for Justice, President-Elect, 2007-2008
- Ohio Association for Justice, Advocates Circle 2008-2017
- Elected, Co-Chair of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice in 2008 and served a 2 year term. He was in charge of planning and executing 2 educational programs each year as well as presiding over Group meetings. The Birth Trauma Litigation group is comprised of over 750 attorneys who represent infant victims of obstetrical malpractice., Co-Chair, Birth Trauma Litigation Group, American Association for Justice, 2008
- Top Attorneys In Ohio – Cleveland, Cincinnati Magazines & Columbus Monthly 2013
- Cleveland’s Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America Since 2007
- Inducted into the International Society of Barristers 2018
- U.S. News & World Report; Best Law Firm 2011-2020
- U.S. News & World Report; Best Lawyer 2011-2020
- Rated by Super Lawyers 2004-2019
- The Best Lawyer, US News, 2017
- Elected President, Ohio Association for Justice in 2008
- AV rating, Martindale Hubbell
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyer Division, Ohio Governor, 1994-1995
- American Association for Justice, Co-Chairman: Birth Trauma Litigation Group 2008-2010; Professional Negligence Section Chairman 2016-2017; recipient of the Dan Cullen Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award 2017; Board of Governors 2014-2017; Member, Membership Oversight Committee 1993-1996.
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Member, Negligence Committee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Ohio, 1988
- Member, Negligence Committee, Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice, Member, Birth Trauma Litigation Group Co-Chair, 2008-2010; Membership Oversight Committee, 1993 - 1996.
- Board of Trustees, Ohio Association for Justice, 1995 - 2003
- Ohio Association for Justice (Member,President 2009-2009, President-Elect 2007, New Lawyer Section: Chairman, 1995; Medical Negligence Victims Coalition Committee, 1995; Board of Trustees, 1995 - 2012; Executive Committee 2001 - 2007; Chairman, Medical Negligence Section, 1998 - 2000)
- Member, Cleveland Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Ohio Association for Justice, 2001 - 2003
- Member, Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2001 - 2007
- Chairman, Young Lawyers Committee, Cuyahoga County Bar Association, 1994
- New Lawyer Division, Ohio Governor, American Association for Justice, 1994 - 1995
- Chairman, Ohio Association for Justice, Medical Negligence Section, 1998 - 2000
- Marshall v. Ortega, 87 Ohio St. 3d 522 (Ohio Supreme Court 2000)
- Fortman v. Dayton Power & Light Co., 80 Ohio App.3d 525 (Ohio Court of Appeals 1992)
- Gum v. CEI, 81 Ohio State 3d 1243 (Ohio Supreme Court 1998)
- Schlachet v. Cleveland Clinic, 104 Ohio App. 3d 160 (Ohio Court of Appeals 1995)
- Hallett v. Stow Bd. of Ed., 89 Ohio App.3d 309 (Ohio Court of Appeals 1993)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Testified before Ohio House and Senate Committees on behalf of victims of medical malpractice and has lobbied in the U.S. Congress on behalf of malpractice victims.
- Denison University, Granville, OH, 1985, B.A. Political Science
- John Lancione is frequently invited to lecture locally and nationally at continuing legal education seminars on topics of obstetrical malpractice and trial tactics.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022