Top rated employment litigation attorney in Rocky River, OhioThe Lydia Floyd Law Firm LLC
Attorney Lydia Floyd is the founder and owner of The Lydia Floyd Law Firm LLC in Rocky River, Ohio. Licensed to practice in Ohio, Illinois and Colorado, Ms. Floyd has more than 15 years of legal experience, and she provides invaluable representation and support to clients throughout Ohio as well as in various jurisdictions across the country who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Employment litigation
· Business litigation
· IVF, Fertility Center matters
· Personal injury and medical malpractice
· Securities litigation
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Floyd has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of her clients who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, employment discrimination and unpaid commissions and salary, and she has assisted numerous individuals victimized by unscrupulous investor misrepresentation and financial fraud. Moreover, she has represented individuals and families in complex fertility-related issues, such as the destruction of embryos and other questionable practices. She has also represented the rights and interests of various international and domestic corporations in complex commercial litigation.
From her efforts, Ms. Floyd has recovered substantial amounts for her plaintiff clients, and she has gained a reputation as a tireless legal advocate who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those she serves. In recognition for her exemplary professionalism and outstanding service, she has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2001 graduate of Miami University with a Bachelor of Science in marketing, Ms. Floyd attended the University of Denver's Sturm College of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2005, graduating within the top 1% of her class.
Ms. Floyd currently chairs the Business Torts Section of the American Association for Justice, and she is an active member of the Ethics & Professionalism and Judicial Selection committees of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. She also serves as president of Mid-Day Toastmasters, and she is heavily involved with various civic and charitable organizations in her community.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Business litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Securities litigation, Employment & labor: employer
First Admitted: 2006, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.lydiafloydlaw.com/about
- Lydia graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2005 as a member of the Order of St. Ives. She received her undergraduate degree from Miami University where she studied marketing and entrepreneurship
- Colorado, 2006
- Illinois, 2006
- Ohio, 2011
- President of Mid-Day Toastmasters
- Lydia serves on the Executive Committee for AAJ’s Business Torts section and is the current Vice-Chair of the Business Torts Section. She is a member of the Judicial Selection and Ethics committees for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. She is also a member of the Nathaniel R. Jones Inn of Court, Mahoning County Bar Association and Trumbull County Bar Association, 2020
- This article addresses secondary liability theories for plaintiffs who are victims of Ponzi schemes. This article was published in the AAJ Business Torts Section 2018 Spring Newsletter, Co-Author, Secondary Liability For Investment Fraud And Ponzi Schemes, AAJ Business Torts Spring 2018 Newsletter, 2018
- Lydia is a 2019 graduate of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association leadership academy. Her team project was honored as the best team project for the year, 2019
- Lydia represents a young woman seeking asylum, 2020
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019