D. Lee Johnson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Toledo, OH
A personal injury attorney at the law firm Johnson & Associates, which is located in Toledo, Ohio, D. Lee Johnson represents clients with matters involving motor vehicle accidents, bad faith insurance claims, medical malpractice, train accidents, workers’ compensation and wrongful death.
A compassionate and understanding attorney, Mr. Johnson is well-aware of the negative impact that injuries can have on an individual, especially when caused by the reckless and negligent actions of another party. He is a tireless advocate for his clients and fights aggressively for their rights and liberties. He has obtained many favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients.
Serving clients in the Toledo metropolitan area and the northwestern part of Ohio, Mr. Johnson is also certified as a diplomat in civil and trial advocacy by the American Association for Justice. With over three decades of experience practicing law, he has represented clients such as the Toledo Police Patrolman's Association, the Ohio Education Association, the Communication Workers of America and The United Food & Commercial Workers International Union.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Bowling Green State University, Mr. Johnson went on to study law at The University of Toledo College of Law and earned his Juris Doctor. When in law school, he was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon. He is licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Mr. Johnson is an enthusiastic participant in the legal field and has memberships in the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Toledo Bar Association, the Trial Practice Section of the American Bar Association, the Lucas County Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the National Crime Victims Bar Association. His pro bono activities include being a member of the President’s Club.
About D. Lee Johnson
First Admitted: 1990, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.leejohnsonlegal.com/attorney/d-l-johnson/
- Diplomat, Civil/Trial Advocacy, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Ohio Education Association
- United Food & Commercial Workers
- Toledo Police Patrolman's Association
- Communication Workers of America
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
Pro bono/Community Service
- President's Club, Member, 2001
- $250,000 Settlement for Wrongful Death Proceeds consisted of $100,000 policy limits from Defendant/Tortfeasor, and $150,000 policy limits from Plaintiff's underinsured motorist coverage. $1.1 Million Settlement for Injured Police Officer Defendant driver lost control of her vehicle, striking a police officer who was assisting victims of a prior motor vehicle accident, resulting in catastrophic, permanently disabling injuries. Proceeds consisted of $370,000 from Defendant/Tortfeasor, and $720,000 from Plaintiff's underinsured motorist coverage. $1.47 Million Settlement for Wrongful Death Defendant driver was intoxicated, crossed the center line, causing a collision and killing a young woman. Global settlement included proceeds from Defendant/Tortfeasor's insurance, and proceeds from Defendant/Tortfeasor's employer. $850,000 Settlement for Tractor Trailer Collision Defendant/Tortfeasor negligently abandoned his trailer in the middle of a highway at night, left the scene, failed to notify the authorities and failed to place cones or road flares. Plaintiff tractor-trailer driver struck the abandoned trailer, resulting in catastrophic injuries, including facial disfigurement. Defendant/Tortfeasor's employer paid $850,000 in proceeds for settlement. $475,000 Settlement for Wrongful Death a young man died of drowning after invited by Defendant to operate a jet ski on Defendant's pond, which was unsafe due to heavy vegetation. Defendant negligently failed to provide a lifeguard, life preservers, rope, or safety equipment of any kind. At mediation, Defendant's homeowners insurance paid $475,000 in proceeds for settlement. $1 Million Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident Defendant/Tortfeasor, operating a tractor trailer, struck Plaintiff's vehicle, resulting in catastrophic injuries
- Toledo Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1990
- National Crime Victims Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Lucas County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Trial Practice Section, Member
- Ohio, 1990
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio - B.A., 1984
Last Updated: 7/19/2022