Robert H. Lyons
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in West Chester, OhioLyons & Lyons Co., LPA Attorneys at Law
Practice Areas: DUI-DWI, Estate Planning & Probate, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1980
Education: Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law
Lyons & Lyons Co., LPA Attorneys at Law8310 Princeton-Glendale Road
West Chester, OH 45069 Visit website
After graduating from law school, Robert H. (Rob) Lyons began practicing law in Cincinnati. In 1983 Rob opened a law office in his home town of West Chester. Since beginning practice, Rob has been dedicated to getting the best possible results for his clients.
From the Lyons & Lyons Co., L.P.A. law office in West Chester Rob practices throughout southwest Ohio concentrating in the areas of criminal defense (concentration in DUI/OVI, and other traffic matters), personal injury, auto accidents, as well as wills, trusts, and financial and estate planning.
Rob received his Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University and his Juris Doctor from Northern Kentucky University's Salmon P. Chase College of Law. He was an Adjunct Business Law and Criminal Law Instructor at Miami University for approximately 10 years. He is currently an Adjunct Instructor at the Chase College of Law.
With more than 40 years of experience, Rob takes a compassionate and aggressive approach to defending people who are charged with a criminal or traffic offense.
He knows each case is unique and considers each client's personal needs and feelings. Those charged with crimes are people, not numbers or statistics. For the last 20 years Rob has served as the Butler County Area I Court Judge in Oxford, Ohio, giving him a unique legal perspective. He brings valuable knowledge to situations in which clients are facing DUI/OVI charges as a certified National Highway Traffic Administration Administrator and Instructor for the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. In addition to being named for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers, for his achievements in representing those charged with DUI/OVI offenses, Rob has been chosen by his peers as a Leading Lawyer and recognized in Cincy Magazine every year since 2011.
Rob has always been willing to share his extensive knowledge and experience with others. In addition to teaching at Miami University and Chase College of Law, Rob regularly speaks at seminars for lay groups, attorneys, and judges on topics such as OVI law, traffic law, commercial driver's license law, and sentencing. He is the past Chairman of the Ohio Bar Association Traffic Law Committee, and currently serves on the Ohio Judge's Traffic Law Committee. Rob has completed the Federal Highway Administration's Workshop for Judges held at the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada. He is the Presiding and Administration Judge for the Butler County Area Courts, and is a member of several local, state, and national legal and judicial associations including the National College of DUI Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Cincinnati, Butler County, and Ohio State Bar Associations.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Estate Planning & Probate, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Birth Injury, DUI/DWI, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Informed Consent, Living Wills, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Wrongful Death
- 70% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.lyonsandlyonslaw.com/attorney/lyons-robert-h/
- Wrestling Coach, Lakota – 1983-1992 Wrestling Coach, Moeller High School– 1992-2001, Wyoming High School 2018-present Youth Baseball Coach – 1982 – 2000 Sponsor – Park Run for Parachute for Court Appointed Special Advocates –Butler County
- Ohio Association of Municipal & County Court Judges
- National Association of Criminal Defense
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Butler County Association of Municipal & County Court Judges – President
- Ohio State Bar Association – Chairman Traffic Law Committee – 2011-2012 / 2012-2013
- National College for DUI Defense
- B.S. degree in business from Miami University, Oxford, in 1977
- I believe my body of work in the area of DUI defense and helping countless people in their time of need has been an outstanding achievement. I also believe my extensive teaching of law to judges, attorneys, and lay people is an outstanding achievement.
- I have had several Not Guilty Verdicts on DUI Trials.
- Article regarding Standardized Field Sobriety Tests and Evidence Rule 702., Author, Vindicator, Magazine Of The Ohio Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Judicial College , Speaker, Seminars
- Dayton Bar Association , Speaker, Seminars
- Speaker, Seminars, Butler County Bar Association
- Speaker, Seminar, Ohio of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Speaker, Seminar, Greater Cincinnati Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Speaker, Seminars, Ohio State Bar Association
- Speaker, Seminars, Lorman Lyons & Lyons Co., L.P.A. legal seminars Instructor
- Speaker, Seminars, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Speaker, Seminar, Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Teamsters Local 100 – CDL Law Seminar
- Certified to Administer –National HighwayTraffic Safety Administration Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Certified Instructor, National HighwayTraffic Safety Administration, DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- , Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Business Magazine, 2019
- , Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Business Magazine, 2020
- , Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Business Magazine, 2017
- , Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Business Magazine, 2018
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2016
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2012
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2013, 2013
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2015
- Chairman, Ohio State Bar Assn., Traffic Law Committee, Carol Marx, President OSBA, 2011
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2014
- Top DUI Lawyer for Greater Cincinnati, Cincy Magazine, 2011
- Chairman, Ohio State Bar Assn., Traffic Law Committee, Judge Patrick Fischer, OSBA President-Elect, 2012
Office location for Robert H. Lyons
8310 Princeton-Glendale Road
West Chester, OH 45069
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023