Cara L. Santosuosso
Top rated family law attorney in Westlake, OhioLaw Offices of Cara L. Santosuosso, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1998
Attorney Cara L. Santosuosso is the founder and owner of Law Offices of Cara L. Santosuosso in Westlake, Ohio. A top-rated attorney with more than 21 years of legal experience, Ms. Santosuosso provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Cleveland and the surrounding areas of Cuyahoga and Lorain counties who have legal needs involving family law and divorce, child custody and visitation, child support and other related matters.
Certified as a divorce mediator, Ms. Santosuosso has achieved considerable success helping her clients resolve their conflicts and come to favorable agreements without the need for expensive, time-consuming and adversarial court battles. Also a certified parenting coordinator, she has handled many highly contentious custody proceedings, and she has gained a reputation as a staunch advocate for the rights and best interests of children caught up in divorce.
No matter what her clients' needs are, Ms. Santosuosso maintains an unwavering focus on protecting her clients' rights and helping them obtain the positive results they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, she has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with "Superb" client ratings on Avvo.
A 1995 magna cum laude graduate of John Carroll University, Ms. Santosuosso obtained her Juris Doctor from Cleveland State University's Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1998. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
A leader in her field, Ms. Santosuosso has published articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics related to legal ethics, same-sex domestic relations issues, family law and other subjects. She is also an active member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the West Shore Bar Association and the Justinian Forum of the Society of Italian-American Legal Professionals, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Civil litigation: defense
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
First Admitted: 1998, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.clslawohio.com/
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2006
- Center for Principled Family Advocacy, Board Secretary, 2022
- West Short Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1999
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Past Member, Magnificat High School Alumnae Board
- State of Ohio, November 1998
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Justinian Forum (Society of Italian-American Legal Professionals)
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1998
- John Carroll University, University Hts., OH, Bachelor of Arts in English, Magna Cum Laude, 1995
- Presenter for Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Custody & Visitation, Parental Alienation, and Recent Developments in Same-Sex Marriage Issues in Ohio, Presenter, Advanced Custody and Support Issues in Ohio, NBI, Inc., 2022
- Women in the Law, Featured Speaker, 2014
- Smartphone, Social Media and Email Evidence in Divorce Litigation, Presenter, Legal Ethics: Smartphone, Social Media and Email Evidence, NBI, Inc., 2018
- Advanced Family Law, Non-Traditional Family Structures And Paternity Disputes, 2012
- Your Family Law Practice in the 21st Century, Domestic Violence and Civil Protection Orders, 2011
- NBI, Presenter, Recent Developments in the Rights of Same Sex and Unmarried Couples: Practical Implications, Advanced Custody and Support Issues, 2017
Office location for Cara L. Santosuosso
1991 Crocker Rd
Westlake, OH 44145
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013