Thomas D. Robenalt
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Westlake, OhioThe Robenalt Law Firm, Inc.
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Professional liability; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1991
Education: Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law
The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc.23550 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, OH 44145 Visit website
The founder of The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc., Thomas D. Robenalt has more than three decades of legal experience serving clients throughout northern Ohio. He focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He assists people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in cases arising out of truck and vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, premises liability, defective drugs, workplace injuries, nursing home abuse and whistleblower, and qui tam claims.
Additionally, Mr. Robenalt has experience handling cases involving bad faith issues and advocates for policyholders whose claims have been denied by their insurance companies. Over the years, he has been able to obtain numerous favorable settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Robenalt attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in political science in 1988. He received his legal education at the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Robenalt was first legally authorized to practice law in Ohio in 1991 and in 1992 in Florida. Before starting his private practice, he completed a judicial clerkship for a tenure of two years in the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. In 1993, he joined an insurance defense firm as an associate attorney where he was mentored by experienced lawyers to represent doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and corporations. This experienced enabled him to anticipate the types of tactics that defendants will often use in personal injury cases.
After serving almost half a decade in the insurance defense firm, Mr. Robenalt joined a prestigious firm known for its medical malpractice representation service as a partner. Here, he fought for patients suffering from injuries due to the hospital’s or a doctor’s negligence for almost 16 years.
Held in high regard by his peers for his tireless dedication, Mr. Robenalt has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. Furthermore, he has been honored by The National Trial Lawyers by being included in their Top 100 list. He also holds a score of 9.8 out of 10 on Avvo. He is a long-standing member of the Ohio Association for Justice, the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and the American Association of Justice.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Legal malpractice, Professional malpractice - other, Ethics & professional responsibility
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyersthatfightforyou.com/attorney/thomas-roben...
- Rocky River High School Hockey Backers, Founding Member and Legal Counsel, 2013 to the present
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Development Committee Member, 2009 - present
- Rocky River Youth Soccer Organization, Assistant Coach Boys U8 - U12, 2007- 2011
- The City of Rocky River, Ohio - Charter Review Committee, 2014
- St. Christopher Elementary School, Assistant Coach Girls basketball, 2008-2012
- Ohio Super Lawyer in the field of medical malpractice, numerous years, most recently 2016
- Best Lawyers, 2016
- Florida bar, 1992
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bar Admissions Committee
- Ethics and Professionalism Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitian Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Bar, 1991
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1999 - present
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- Bar Admissions Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitian Bar Association, Member, 2011 - Present
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Miami University, B.A. in Political Science and minor in Japanese, 1987
- Confidential settlement in the amount of $7,950,000 of a medical malpractice claim on behalf of man who had both legs amputated after an outpatient surgery because the surgeon punctured a hole in the sigmoid colon but failed to recognize the complication and prevent bleeding. As a result of the procedure to save the patient's life, the patient had no blood flow to his legs for an extended period of time which caused his lower limbs to become necrotic such that amputation was necessary., 2009
- Bulter v. Jordan, 92 Ohio St. 3rd 354, argued case in Ohio Supreme Court (2001)
- Curtis v. Beseler, Clay County Sheriff, case number 3:13-cv-1352-J-39JRK, USDC Middle District of Florida.
- Koch v. Rist, 89 Ohio St. 3rd 250 (2000), argued case in the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Loughner vs. EMH Medical Center, 1:06-CV-2441 (Northern District of Ohio), 2012.
Office location for Thomas D. Robenalt
23550 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, OH 44145
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2011, 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2006