Nicole S. Maxwell
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Worthington, OH
Attorney Nicole S. Maxwell is a senior family law associate with Haynes Kessler Myers & Postalakis law firm in Worthington, Ohio. Board-certified as a family law specialist by the Ohio State Bar Association and possessing more than 15 years of total legal experience in the area, Ms. Maxwell provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Central Ohio who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Also a certified mediator with extensive experience in collaborative law, Ms. Maxwell has assisted numerous clients with resolving their conflicts and reaching favorable agreements regarding child custody and support, property division, and other related matters in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. Well-versed in all areas of family law, she has successfully handled a variety of domestic relations matters, including parental rights and parenting time, annulments, grandparent rights, QDROs, prenuptial agreements and more. She has also served as guardian ad litem in contentious child custody situations.
Ms. Maxwell graduated as a dean's list scholar from Ohio University in 2004 with degrees in sociology-criminology and psychology. She then worked as a paralegal for several years before deciding to formally pursue her legal career. She then attended Capital University Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor with a concentration in child and family law in 2011. A dean's list scholar in law school as well, she graduated Order of the Curia.
While pursuing her legal degree, Ms. Maxwell was heavily involved with the school's Family Advocacy Clinic, and she conducted extensive research on domestic violence. She also co-wrote a brief on battered women syndrome, which she submitted to the Ohio Supreme Court. Throughout her legal career, she has remained a staunch advocate for her clients, particularly children and women caught up in abusive situations in the home.
She is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and its family law and juvenile law committees as well as the Columbus Bar Association and its family law and juvenile law committees.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist
Family Relations Law
About Nicole S. Maxwell
First Admitted: 2011, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohiolawyersgroup.com/lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Family Law
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Licking County Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association (Member of Family Law and Juvenile Law Committees)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member of Family Law and Juvenile Law Committees)
- Ohio, 2011
- Co-author, Battered Woman Syndrome, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Ohio University, Sociology-Criminology, Dean’s List, Alpha Kappa Delta, Beta of Ohio, B.A., 2004
- Ohio University, Psychology, Dean’s List, B.A., 2004
- OSBA Board Certified Family Law Specialist, 2019
- Certified Mediator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022