Fletcher Dal Handley, Jr.
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in El Reno, OklahomaThe Handley Law Center
Fletcher Dal Handley, Jr., is a personal injury attorney with offices in El Reno, Oklahoma and Oklahoma City. Mr. Handley practices at The Handley Law Center, representing plaintiffs who have been severely injured due to automobile accidents, trucking accidents and other issues.
With over 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Handley has secured numerous successful verdicts and settlements for injury victims. He puts his accumulated legal experience to use by speaking on trial and litigation topics throughout the nation. He is also a former member of the U.S. military, retiring in 2008 as a military judge and Assistant State Judge Advocate for Oklahoma.
Mr. Handley has served in several leadership roles for the American Bar Association and belongs to the Oklahoma Association for Justice and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been involved with numerous community organizations including the El Reno Chamber of Commerce, the El Reno Community Theatre and the El Reno Community Chorus.
The National Trial Lawyers organization included Mr. Handley on its “Top 100 Trial Attorney” list. He is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the Litigation Counsel of America, belongs to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is the recipient of Lifetime Achievement awards from the International Society of Primerus Lawfirms and The Oklahoma Association for Justice (Tomy D. Frasier Award).
In 1975, Mr. Handley graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a bachelor’s degree in Professional Writing. He went on to earn his law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1979. He holds licenses to practice law before all Oklahoma state and federal courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Estate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate
Asbestos, Brain Injury, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1979, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.handleylaw.com/fletcher-dal-handley-jr
- Oklahoma Dram Shop Law: A Primer Speaker — Motor Vehicle Collision Seminar, Hawaii Bar Association, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1999 Speaker — "Trial of a Serious Auto-Truck Accident Case," TIPS-YLD Spring Meeting, La Jolla, CA, 1998 Speaker — "Class Certification of an Insurance Coverage Issue," American Bar Association Convention, San Francisco, 1997 Program Chair and Speaker — "Mediation of an Auto Wreck Case - What to Know Before You Mediate," American Bar Association Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1994 Panelist — "Consumer Choice in Auto Insurance," American Bar Association Convention, New York City, New York, 1993 How to Handle Small Personal Injury Cases, Oklahoma County Bar Association Seminar, Aspen, Colorado, February 1993 Program Chair — "Hedonic Damages," American Bar Association Convention, San Francisco, California, 1992 A Guide to Administrative Board Proceedings in the Oklahoma Army National Guard, Judge Advocate General's School, Charlottesville, Virginia, July 1991
- Delegate to the Oklahoma Bar Convention
- Mentor at the 2002 National Trial Academy in Reno, Nevada
- Guest Speaker at the 1999 Hawaii Bar Association’s Automobile Law Symposium
- Former President, Canadian County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice, President, 2019
- Former Chair, Primerus Plaintiff and Consumer Practice Group, 2017
- Member, Public Justice Foundation
- ABA Standing Committee on Armed Forces Law
- Chair of the Auto Law Committee
- Charter Member, International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2014; Oklahoma Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, 2008; Top 100 Trial Lawyer of the National Trial Lawyers Association; Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum; Executive Committee, Oklahoma Association for Justice; Chair, Plaintiff's Policy Task Force, TIPS, American Bar Association.
- Boards of the Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian County Guidance Center
- President, El Reno Family YMCA
- President, El Reno Community Theatre
- President, Noon Lions Club
- Primerus Public Service Award, 1995; Lawyers Against Hunger.
- 1966 Graduate of El Reno High School - selected as Distinguished Alumni in 2010 1975 Graduate of the University of Oklahoma, BA in Journalism/Professional Writing 1975 Graduate of US Army Command and General Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America
- Primerus Lifetime Achievement award in 2012
- Coach — 1990 Oklahoma High School Mock Trial State Champion
- Twice awarded the Lamplighter Award by the El Reno Education Association
- Appointed to temporary division of the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals by the Oklahoma Supreme Court, 1991
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer in the areas of plaintiff’s personal injury and family law, 2009 – 2017
- , Lifetime Achievement Award, International Society of Primerus Law Firms, 2011
- Based on two significant jury verdicts in 2018., Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the year, Oklahoma Association for Justice, 2018
- Selected by Oklahoma Bar Association as Oklahoma's Outstanding Young Lawyer, 1983, Outstanding Young Lawyer, Oklahoma Bar Association., 1983
- , Tomy D. Frasier Lifetime Achievement Award, Oklahoma Association for Justice, 2015
- Testified before U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in opposition to proposed National No-fault Insurance Law., 1999
- News report on Jury verdict in Dram Shop case tried in Oklahoma County., Casey's Law, 2005
- Written Materials for CLE presented on 2007 Oklahoma Bar Convention, A Primer on Oklahoma Dram Shop Law, Oklahoma Association For Justice, 2007
- $700,000 settlement for couple injured in wreck involving oil field service truck. , 2021
- $1,550,000 Verdict in for Wrongful Death against bar/restaurant., 2005
- $1,020,000 Jury Verdict on behalf of family injured when oil field truck pulled in front of them at I-40 on ramp., 2018
- Handley v. Santa Fe Minerals, 849 P.2d 433 (1998)
- Robertson v. Martin, 613 P.2d 1049 (Okla. 1980)
- $1,000,000 jury verdict, including pre-judgment interest — Personal Injury from truck debris on I-40, Canadian County., 2011
- $350,000 Jury Verdict plus attorney fees for toxic exposure in rural Oklahoma, 2018
- ABA Tort Trial And Insurance Practice Section
- American Association For Justice
- International Society Of Primerus Lawfirms
Office location for Fletcher Dal Handley, Jr.
111 S Rock Island Ave
El Reno, OK 73036
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2012, 2014, 2016 - 2023