Attorney Matt Swain is the founder of the Swain Law Group in Norman, Oklahoma. Serving clients throughout the state, Mr. Swain focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense. He has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those accused of serious criminal offenses, including white collar crimes, and other felonies and misdemeanors. In addition, his law firm also handles personal injury claims, family law and other civil litigation matters.
A 2006 graduate of Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Mr. Swain obtained his Juris Doctor in 2009 from University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he received the Kelly Beardslee Award for Outstanding Criminal Defense Student. He also earned the Oklahoma University Legal Clinic Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year award in 2009. The Oklahoma Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.
During his time in law school, Mr. Swain completed an internship with the Oklahoma County District Attorney's Office, where he served with both the White Collar Division and the General Felony team. This experience provided him with a unique insight into the criminal justice system as well as invaluable trial and negotiation experience, which he uses to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for the accused.
Upon receiving his license to practice law, Mr. Swain established his law firm with a mission to provide the highest level of counsel and support to those he serves. He has earned a reputation for his unwavering passion and commitment to helping his clients achieve the most favorable outcomes possible for their serious and complex legal challenges.
Personable and responsive, he delivers the individualized attention his clients need to make the best-informed decisions regarding their rights and options as they relate to their cases, and he returns his clients' calls and emails promptly in order to address their questions and concerns and to keep them abreast as to how their case is proceeding.
Recognized for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Swain has received excellent client ratings on AVVO as well as the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys. He is Lead Counsel rated, and he has earned designation from Expertise as a one of the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Oklahoma City.
Mr. Swain is a member of the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Cleveland County Bar Association, and he continues to volunteer his time and legal services with the Criminal Defense Clinic at the Oklahoma University College of Law. In addition, Mr. Swain has volunteered with Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Oklahoma since 2009.
The Swain Law Group is Norman's fastest growing law firm, growing from one attorney in 2017 to 13 attorneys in 2022
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2009, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.mattswainlaw.com/attorney/matt-swain/
- Handled in excess of 500 cases, felonies and misdemeanors, that were dismissed and various stages of the criminal process. Not guilty verdicts in various Non Jury and Jury Trials over the past 8 years. Including not guilty verdicts in Washita County on a Child Sexual Abuse and Lewd Acts case and Texas County on Child Sexual Abuse.
- Criminal Defense Clinic, OU College of Law
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma-Volunteer since 2010. Matched with the same child since 2010-now aged 17. He is currently taking the SAT and we are looking at various colleges. He will be the first person in his family to go to college., 2010
- OU Legal Clinic Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year, 2009
- Wake Forest University, BA, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2019
- Oklahoma, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, 2018
- Member, Cleveland County Bar Association, 2009 - Present
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2015
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2009-present Cleveland County Defense Lawyers Association, 2015-present American Bar Association, 2013
Office location for Matt Swain
217 E Main St
Norman, OK 73069
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023