Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Norman, OK
Zack Simmons is a proficient attorney who has been practicing criminal defense in Oklahoma since 2009. From the Swain Law Group in Norman, Oklahoma, he works closely with clients accused of criminal charges to achieve favorable results under their circumstances.
Always willing to hear his clients’ concerns, Mr. Simmons is aware that the repercussions of a criminal charge could harm people for the remainder of their lives. He has taken charge of several criminal cases involving white collar crimes, federal drug offenses, sex crimes, DUI, expungements, assault, murder, fraud, theft, domestic violence and more.
As a former assistant district attorney, Mr. Simmons is a veteran of the courtroom and has prosecuted every imaginable criminal case in Cleveland County. He has gained extensive hands-on experience handling multiple jury and nonjury trials and preliminary hearings. He also served in the Major Crimes Division of Cleveland County, where he dealt with drug trafficking and possession with intent charges. For his contributions, he received the Crime Stoppers Assistant District Attorney of the Year Award.
A native of Goldsby, Oklahoma, Mr. Simmons graduated magna cum laude from Wichita State University in Kansas with a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice in 2006. He received his doctorate of jurisprudence with dean’s list honors from the University of Oklahoma College of Law and his license to practice in Oklahoma in 2009. He served as a legal intern at the Cleveland County District Attorney's Office and the City of Norman Municipal Court.
Mr. Simmons devotes his deep legal knowledge and experience to educating fellow lawyers and others on workers’ compensation laws. He trained the candidates at the Oklahoma City Police Department Academy and the Norman Police Academy on weapons law. He is a member of the National Association of Drug Court Professionals and the Association of Oklahoma Narcotic Enforcers.
About Zack Simmons
First Admitted: 2009, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.mattswainlaw.com/attorney/zack-simmons/
- Weapons Law, Oklahoma City Police Department Academy and the Norman Police Academy, 2013 to 2016
- Guest Attorney Speaker, U.S. Law Shield regarding The Castle Doctrine
- Legal Research & Writing to cadets, Oklahoma City Police Department Academy and the Norman Police Academy
- The Laws of Arrest, Oklahoma City Police Department Academy and the Norman Police Academy, 2013 to 2016
- Crime Stoppers Assistant District Attorney of the Year Award, 2014 - 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019
- Oklahoma, 2009
- Association of Oklahoma Narcotic Enforcers, Member, 2013 to 2016
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals, Member, 2011 to 2016
- Wichita State University, Honors: magna cum laude, Men's Basketball Team, Criminal Justice, B.S. - 2006
Last Updated: 7/11/2022