Brandon J. Burton
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Oklahoma City, OklahomaBurton Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Social Security Disability; view more
Licensed in Oklahoma since: 1997
Education: Oklahoma City University School of Law
Burton Law Group, P.C.308 NW 13th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73103 Visit website
Dedicated to helping the injured get the justice they deserve, Brandon J. Burton goes above and beyond representing his clients, be it a workers’ compensation issue, a personal injury accident, or a problem related to Social Security Disability. He leaves no stone unturned and utilizes all the resources available to get his clients the compensation they deserve for the anguish they’ve had to endure.
Completing his undergraduate studies in 1991 from Oklahoma State University, Mr. Burton returned to his alma mater and graduated with his Master of Science degree in 1993. He then attended Oklahoma City University School of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1996. Obtaining his license to practice in Oklahoma a year after graduating law school, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma.
While always prioritizing client service, Mr. Burton provides comfort and confidence for individuals who have been injured on the job or due to the negligence of another party. With his empathetic and compassionate approach, he has gained the admiration of his peers as well as his clients – both past and present. He is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and holds a perfect “10.0” rating on Avvo. Moreover, he was the recipient of the Lew Gravitt Distinguished Service Award, given to him by the Lawyers for Working Oklahomans (LWO).
Outside his law practice, Mr. Burton holds important positions in a variety of legal organizations such as:
- The State Bar of Texas
- The American Bar Association
- The Oklahoma Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- LWO Board Member and Former President
- The College of Workers’ Compensation Fellows
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group, Inc. Board Member
Within his locality, he has served as commissioner and chairman of the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission and as a scholarship chair for Kids’ Chance of Oklahoma.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Social Security Disability
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Social Security Disability
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://burtonlaw.com/attorneys/brandon/
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Award for service to injured workers that goes beyond the representation of claimants., Lew Gravitt Distinguished Service Award, Lawyers for Working Oklahomans, 2010
- Oklahoma State University, M.S., 1993
- Oklahoma State University, B.S., 1991
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1999
- Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Chairman of Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission 2014-2015.
- Oklahoma Horse Racing Commissioner 2009-2015
- Luther Bohannon American Inns of Court member
- Member of Governor Henry’s Workers’ Compensation Task Force 2004-2005.
- Member American Association for Justice, Oklahoma Association for Justice and American Bar Association.
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans and Workplace Injury Litigation Group, Current Board Member
- Lawyers for Working Oklahomans, President, 2002-2003
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Previous Member Board of Directors, 1999-2001
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, 2002
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2002
- Texas, 2006
- Oklahoma, 1997
- Board Member and Scholarship Chair for Kid's Chance of Oklahoma, 2016
- Workers' Compensation
Office location for Brandon J. Burton
308 NW 13th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- Super Lawyers: 2023