Gary B. Homsey
Top rated personal injury attorney in Oklahoma City, OklahomaHomsey Law Center
Gary B. Homsey is the founder of the Homsey Law Center, an Oklahoma City law firm dedicated to providing aggressive and successful personal injury representation to seriously injured individuals and to the families of wrongful death victims.
During his years as a trial lawyer, Mr. Homsey has achieved exceptional results in personal injury cases involving a wide range of issues and causes, including auto and truck accidents, oil field injuries, property owner negligence, defective products, insurance bad faith, premises injuries, helicopter and jet crashes and litigation.
Mr. Homsey has also dedicated himself to preserving and protecting the ethics and integrity of the legal profession, serving on various fee grievance and ethics committees for the state and county bar, and serving as Oklahoma Chapter President of the American Board of Trial Advocates in 2015, which is dedicated to the preservation of the 7th Amendment and excellence in advocacy.
Mr. Homsey earned his J.D. from Oklahoma City University in 1974 and is admitted to practice in Oklahoma's state and federal trial and appellate courts, and before the U.S. Supreme Court. His professional honors include an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and recognition as one of the "Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America" by Lawdragon 3000 magazine. Mr. Homsey is a member of numerous professional associations as well, including the American and Oklahoma Associations for Justice. Homsey is also past President of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association and Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees of Oklahoma City University.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Insurance coverage, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Bad faith insurance, Pharmaceutical
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1974, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: http://www.homseylawcenter.com/team.html
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelor's Degree, 1971
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1974
- Member, Oklahoma Chapter, American Association for Justice, 1979
- Founding Member, American Inns of Court, Judge Holloway Inn, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 1991
- Admitted to U.S. District Court Northern District Court of Oklahoma, 1979
- Member, Executive Committee, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1987-present
- Member and Vice Chairman, Board of Trustees, Oklahoma City University , 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, 1974
- National Academy of Barristers
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, 1974
- Past Board Member and President, Oklahoma Appleseed Center of the National Appleseed Foundation.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Admitted to U.S. District Court Western District Court of Oklahoma, 1979
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association, 1974
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation, 1974
- Member, Oklahoma Association for Justice, 1979
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice Foundation
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 1998
- Admitted to U.S. District Court Eastern District Court of Oklahoma, Northern District, 1979-present
- Oklahoma City University School of Law Alumni Association and member of the Law School Executive Committee
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 1979
- OKC's Top Lawyers, 2019
- Selected every year from 2006-present, Super Lawyers
- Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in American, Lawdragon's 3000 Magazine, 2007
- OCU Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, 2012
- Mark of Distinction Award, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 2001
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 1997 - Present
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association President's Award for Outstanding Service in Tort Reform Legislation, 1995
Office location for Gary B. Homsey
4816 North Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022