J. Derrick Teague
Top rated products liability attorney in Oklahoma City, OklahomaJennings Teague, PC
Attorney J. Derrick Teague is a shareholder and director at Jennings Teague, a business defense-oriented law firm in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mr. Teague defends clients in actions involving insurance defense, product liability, trucking accidents, construction litigation, asbestos defense and other issues. He also works with cases involving personal injury and insurance bad faith claims.
Mr. Teague has over 25 years of experience, much of it spent working with difficult legal issues and highly complex litigation. His clients have included manufacturers, restaurants, retailers and trucking companies in Oklahoma City and statewide.
Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Teague an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, reflecting outstanding legal ability and high ethical standards.
Mr. Teague is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and holds fellowships in the American College of Trial Lawyers, the Litigation Counsel of America and the Product Liability Advisory Council. He also participates in the Oklahoma County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel and the National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association. He is also a member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, the Defense Research Institute and the Trucking Industry Defense Association.
After graduating from Oklahoma State University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Mr. Teague received his law degree from Oklahoma City University School of Law. He is qualified to practice before all Oklahoma state courts, the U.S. district courts for the northern, eastern and western districts of Oklahoma and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - products: defense, Personal injury - general: defense
Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Personal injury - defense
- 60% Personal injury - products: defense
- 40% Personal injury - general: defense
First Admitted: 1993, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://jenningsteague.com/attorney-profiles/j-derrick-teagu...
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- CLM, Council on Litigation Management
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- State Bar of Oklahoma – 1993
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Product Liability Advisory Council
- AV Preeminent, Judicial Edition, rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Advocate)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Oklahoma State University, B.S. in Accounting 1990
Office location for J. Derrick Teague
204 N. Robinson Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022