J.W. Billy Coyle, IV
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Oklahoma City, OklahomaCoyle Law Firm
J.W. "Billy" Coyle, IV, is an attorney with Coyle Law Firm in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 18 years of total legal experience, Mr. Coyle provides invaluable defense counsel to clients across his region who are facing accusations of a wide range of criminal offenses, both felony and misdemeanor offenses.
Over the course of his legal career as a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Coyle has achieved numerous acquittals, dismissals and other favorable outcomes for his clients. He has handled complex criminal cases in state and federal courts throughout his region, and he has successfully argued appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Coyle led a successful career in the U.S. Marine Corps, ultimately reaching the rank of E-5 Sergeant before his honorable discharge in 2001. As an attorney, he has received consistent accolades and endorsements from his peers including consistent recognition as among the top 5% of trial lawyers in the state. He has also received countless testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great satisfaction in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
A 1998 graduate of Florida State University, Mr. Coyle enrolled in the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2000 and obtained his Juris Doctor three years later. He received his license to practice the following year and has been with Coyle Law Firm his entire career. He is admitted to practice before all Oklahoma state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Coyle is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court and others. He has also served as Rules Committeeman for the state at the Democratic Convention in North Carolina since 2012.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Criminal Law, Felony, Misdemeanor
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2004, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.coylelaw.com/our-team/j-w-billy-coyle-iv/index.h...
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science, 1998
- Fort Lauderdale High School, 1993
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, 2007
- Federal Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Supreme Court, 2004
- State of Oklahoma, Democratic Convention in North Carolina, Rules Committeeman, 2012 – Present
- Federal Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma City Chapter, Board Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member
- Holloway American Inns of Court, Member
Office location for J.W. Billy Coyle, IV
125 Park Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023