Mark A. Engel
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
Mark A. Engel is an attorney at the Oklahoma-based law firm of Mansell, Engel & Cole. Spreading his practice across the state of Oklahoma, he concentrates on serving clients in the field of insurance and bad faith litigation.
From The University of Oklahoma, Mr. Engel graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, majoring in finance, in 1979. In 1984, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
Mr. Engel is licensed to practice in Oklahoma and practices before the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma, the Supreme Court of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Practicing law since 1984, Mr. Engel initially served as an acclaims manager and corporate counsel for about a decade at an insurance firm and then at several other companies across the country. He received a fellowship at the Life Management Institute for his achievement in the health insurance industry and worked at the Life Office Management Association as an instructor for its courses.
Working for over two decades at his current firm, Mr. Engel is highly experienced in representing insurance holders and handling bad faith litigation. He has gotten to the end of hundreds of legal battles in his field and procured verdicts worth millions of dollars for his clients.
Receiving several acclaims, Mr. Engel was rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. He was a featured guest lecturer at the Oklahoma Bar Association’s annual Insurance Law Update and regularly presents in seminars organized by reputed legal organizations such as the Oklahoma Bar Association, the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and the Oklahoma Association for Justice.
Mr. Engel has memberships in the Oklahoma County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Oklahoma Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Mark A. Engel
First Admitted: 1984, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.theinsuranceattorneys.com/attorney/engel-mark-a/
- Insurance bad faith litigation, National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Veterans Administration
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Southwest Claims Association
- Insurance bad faith litigation, NILS
- Insurance bad faith litigation, National Business Institute
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association
- Insurance bad faith litigation, Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Fellow of the Life Management Institute (FLMI) designation – the hallmark of achievement in the life and health insurance industry
- Voted by his attorney peers with an "AV – Preeminent" rating
- Featured guest lecturer at the Oklahoma Bar Association's Annual Insurance Law
- University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma, B.B.A. in Finance, 1979
- Oklahoma, 1984
- Oklahoma Association for Justice (Oklahoma's Trial Lawyers Association), Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1991
Last Updated: 9/17/2022