Mark E. Hammons, Sr.
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Oklahoma City, OklahomaHammons, Hurst & Associates
Mark E. Hammons Sr. is the founder and partner of Hammons, Gowens, Hurst & Associates. He focuses his practice on employment law and represents workers in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who are victims of discrimination in the workplace. Mr. Hammons’ cases include wrongful terminations, employers failing to provide disabled employees with appropriate accommodations, employees whose religious beliefs have been violated in by their employers, workers’ compensation claims retaliations and violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
After graduating from The University of Oklahoma, Mr. Hammons attended Oklahoma City University School of Law. He received his Juris Doctor in 1976.
For many years, Mr. Hammons has worked hard to protect the rights of workers. He is compassionate to the challenges his clients face while aggressively pursuing employers who violate the law. Mr. Hammons is admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, the Supreme Court of Oklahoma, the United States Court of Federal Claims and the Supreme Court of the United States.
For six years, Mr. Hammons served in the Oklahoma House of Representatives as an elected member. He is active in the legal community, having founded and served as president of the Oklahoma Employment Lawyers Association. Mr. Hammons is also affiliated with the National Employment Lawyers Association.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Administrative law
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation
- 90% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Administrative law
First Admitted: 1976, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: http://www.hammonslaw.com/mark-e-hammons-sr
- University of Oklahoma
- Supreme Court of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Founder and President, Oklahoma Employment Lawyers Association
- Head of the Tenth Circuit Affiliate, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Executive Board, National Employment Lawyers Association
Office location for Mark E. Hammons, Sr.
325 Dean A. McGee Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022