Philip O. Watts
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
Bringing more than 25 years of experience to his practice, Philip O. Watts is a partner at Watts & Watts, PA. He works with clients who include individuals and corporate partners in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, through business litigation matters on both the plaintiff and defense sides.
In jury and nonjury trials in both state and federal courts, Mr. Watts proves to be an exceptional litigator. He knows how to build a compelling case that supports clients' best interests while at the same time preserving their resources. Thanks to his efficiency, Mr. Watts protects reputations and enables companies to run smoothly while involved in legal disputes. Clients can count on him for practical solutions and aggressive advocacy.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Watts has earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1981, Mr. Watts graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Arts in speech communications as well as a Bachelor of Science in business administration from Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He went on to earn a Juris Doctor in 1984, graduating with distinction from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. While there, he was a member of the school's law review.
In addition to his work in Oklahoma, Mr. Watts is also licensed to practice in Kansas, Florida, Michigan, Texas and North Carolina.
When he is not at his practice, Mr. Watts is involved with groups such as the Northeast Resource Center, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and Infant Crisis Services.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Philip O. Watts
First Admitted: 1984, Oklahoma
- Texas, pro hac vice License
- North Carolina, pro hac vice License
- Kansas, pro hac vice License
- Michigan, pro hac vice License
- Florida, pro hac vice License
- Contingent Liability for Passive Working Interest Owners in Oklahoma - The Risk of Getting Drilled, Oklahoma Bar Journal, An analysis of mining partnerships and other theories of liability for passive oil and gas investors, 1985
- Author, Primer on Non Dischargeability Of Debt Under the Bankruptcy Code, Consumer Law Quarterly, An analysis of non dischargeable debt under 11 U.S.C § 523., 1993
- Oklahoma Law Review, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee and Note Editor, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Durant High School, 1977
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Speech Communications, Bachelor of Science, Major: Business Administration, Honors: With Honors, 1981
Pro bono/Community Service
- North East Resource Center - many individuals who lack the resources to defend themselves in litigation or disputes, including property disputes, custody issues and general life issues, 2000
- Volunteer, Thirst for A Cause, 2000
- Board Member, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, 2000
- Board Member, Infant Crisis Services, 2000
- Volunteer, Lyric Theater, 2000
- Diversified Construction Inc., 2012
- Trails West Express, LLC., 2012
- Express Personnel Services, Inc., 2012
- Summit Business Systems Inc., 2012
- Flair Enterprises Inc., 2012
- Oklahoma LLC, 2012
- AV Rating for 25 Years, Martindale Hubbell, 2016
- Winner, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, University of Oklahoma College of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022