Steven S. Mansell
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
Steven S. Mansell is an attorney and a founding partner of Mansell, Engel & Cole in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, a firm dedicated to helping people and businesses when their insurance company denies or disputes their insurance claims. Early in his career Mr. Mansell litigated a wide range of cases including personal injury, employment law, domestic relations, construction, banking and foreclosure and contract disputes. Since 1998, Mr. Mansell has focused his practice on representing the insured in insurance bad faith litigation involving accident and health insurance, commercial and residential property insurance, long term care policies, disability insurance, and liability insurance in both state and federal courts. Mr. Mansell and his law partner Mark Engel have won many important trials helping to develop the law and setting precedent in the area of insurance bad faith litigation. Mr Mansell has also presented numerous seminars on the topics of insurance bad faith law and litigation.
Mr. Mansell was admitted to practice law in Oklahoma in 1984 and is also admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
His dedicated work through the years has earned him the highest rating of AV Preeminent* from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating from Cameron University in Lawton, Oklahoma, with a bachelor’s degree in business, Mr. Mansell earned his law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. He is a member of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Oklahoma Association for Justice and the Federal Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Steven S. Mansell
First Admitted: 1984, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: http://www.theinsuranceattorneys.com/About-Us/Steven-S-Manse...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Oklahoma Association for Justice, Member
- AV Preeminent, Martindale Hubbell
- Insurance litigation and Bad faith, Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association "Trial Masters" seminar
- Insurance litigation and Bad faith, Oklahoma County Bar Association Aspen Seminar
- Insurance litigation and Bad faith, Annual Bench and Bar conference for the Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Insurance litigation and Bad faith, Annual Oklahoma Insurance Law Updates
- Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma, B.S., Major: Business, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1984
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1989
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1984
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
Last Updated: 5/16/2022