Travis W. Watkins
Top Rated Tax Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
About Travis W. Watkins
Serving Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, and Dallas (By Appointment Only)
As the principal attorney at Travis W. Watkins Tax Resolution & Accounting Firm, Mr. Watkins has a thorough understanding of all aspects of tax law. With a driving passion for helping businesses and individuals with their complex tax issues, he represents clients in Oklahoma City who need professional, accurate handling of their problems with the IRS.
For those facing issues such as staggering tax debt, penalties and wage garnishment, Mr. Watkins takes great pride in coming to their rescue with aggressive and efficient action. He understands that getting through a major tax issue can seem overwhelming, and is happy to explain the process while building a solid defense, as well as to provide a listening ear. Mr. Watkins's clients have come to trust and appreciate him for the personal level of care he takes with each case, being reassuring and honest in the face of the cold impersonality of the IRS.
Background and Education
Quality education from renowned universities was the starting point for Mr. Watkins's career. After receiving his Bachelor of Arts and Letters from William Jewell College in 1995, he completed his education in law at Oklahoma City University, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 1999. He is admitted to practice law in all federal and state courts in Oklahoma, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Recognition and Associations
Mr. Watkins's success has earned him the recognition of his peers, including the highest possible rating of AV-Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He is an active member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers, and is also the author of "The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems," a book for households and businesses that explains common tax issues.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Travis W. Watkins
First Admitted: 1999, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.traviswatkins.com/about-us/travis-watkins/
- Visit my website www.traviswatkins.com to get your Free Copy of my book. FREE book outlines what the IRS doesn’t want you to know about paying off your tax debt If you are facing an insurmountable tax debt, chances are you do not know where to turn. You probably have a lot of questions, and are unsure how to deal with the IRS Revenue Officer who keeps knocking on your door. That is why Attorney Travis Watkins wrote an extensive how-to book on how to handle tax liabilities that includes secrets that the IRS hopes that you will never find out. Entitled, The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems, this book needs to be in every household and business as a precaution against tax penalties and wage garnishment., The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems
- IRS apologizes to one of our clients for filing an erroneous lien against their property
- "The Ultimate Survival Guide for IRS Problems"
- Travis Watkins and Co-Author, Steve Forbes, reveal the secrets of success in the new economy., SuccessOnomics, Celebrity Press, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, LifeChurch.tv
- Member, American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
- Best Team Brief, Best Individual Brief OCU Law Moot Court Competition, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1998
- Phi Gamma Delta
- CALI Award, Legal Research & Writing I, OCU School of Law, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1997
- The Oklahoman Readers' Choice Awards Winner for Best Taxation Attorney 2018, https://www.oklahoman.com/readerschoice#/gallery?group=284551, 2018
- AV-Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
- William Jewell College, B.A. in English & History, With Honors, 1995
- William Jewell College, B.A. in Arts and Letters, 1995
- Oklahoma Tax Attorney Travis Watkins- Will the IRS cut me a deal?
- Spotlight TV-Travis W. Watkins, 2017
- Attorney Travis Watkins--How to Stop Your IRS Wage Garnishment
- Travis W. Watkins and his firm received an honorary award from Moving America Forward hosted by William Shatner and Doug Llewelyn in Los Angeles, CA. Full show will air in November. This award represents businesses overcoming obstacles, believing in their dreams, taking risks, and having the most successful business minds. Congratulations Travis W. Watkins Tax Resolution and Accounting Firm for your dedication and hard-work to the American taxpayers!, Moving America Forward, 2017
- Admitted to Arkansas Bar, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- Admitted to Texas Bar, 2014
- Admitted to Oklahoma Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Oklahoma
- Member, American Association for Justice
- United States Supreme Court, 2017
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist by the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, 2014
- What's the difference between Tax Attorney vs CPA?->https://t.co/PxJPWFCpDg #IRS #IRStaxtip #ATTORNEY
- Tax Attorney vs CPA - Which one can provide the best IRS help when I nee... https://t.co/KevIpWGjFc via @YouTube
- @garyvee More of these epic saga length podcasts like Miami. About half through and already 3-4 game changing nugge… https://t.co/eg1YJK8PT2
- "The entire staff really cares about your needs. They treat you with respect and are highly professional. You don't… https://t.co/nS54AOlGut
- "You won't be disappointed!! We dealt with the Tulsa office and they listened to our complex problems, we're highly… https://t.co/q7c6l7Nz7U
Last Updated: 5/15/2022