Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Tulsa, OklahomaThe Wyatt Law Office
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, White Collar Crimes, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Oklahoma since: 2012
Education: The University of Tulsa College of Law
The Wyatt Law Office2121 S Columbia Ave
Tulsa, OK 74114 Visit website
A criminal defense and personal injury attorney with Wyatt Law Office, Clint James represents clients in Oklahoma City, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is also a zealous representative of anyone who has been denied their civil rights, and he manages both trials and appeals. He has been recognized by his peers for his successful record as a criminal defense lawyer.
Mr. James is admitted to practice in the state of Oklahoma. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma. A panel attorney for the Criminal Justice Act, he is also a member of the Tulsa County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association and the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
At Oklahoma State University, Mr. James earned a Bachelor of Science with a major in agriculture economics and political science, graduating with honors. He then attended the University of Tulsa College of Law, where he graduated in 2012 with his Juris Doctor. During his career, he has been involved in a variety of high-profile cases as a paralegal, legal intern or an attorney.
A talented and engaging presenter, Mr. James has lectured at the Tulsa County Judge’s Conference, the Law School and the New Lawyer Experience for Phi Alpha Delta and during Law Day for the Oklahoma Bar Association. His experience also includes pretrial preparations for several state-level murder trials of significance.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
- 70% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://wyattlaw.com/about-wyatt-law-office/clint-james/
- Phi Delta Phi (1988-89)
- 2017 & 2013, Oklahoma Super Lawyers Rising Star for criminal defense law
- Alpha Chi (1985-86)
- State v. Glen Gore, CF-2001-00126, Pontotoc, Cy.
- England et. al. v. Delaware County - Mr. James assisted Tom Seymour and Scott Graham as a licensed legal intern with a $13,500,000.00 settlement in a case involving the systematic rape of 15 women in Delaware County. This settlement became one of the largest awards paid by a county in the United States. See England v. Delaware County, 09-CIV-407-JHP, 2012
- State v. Gib Buntin, CF-2003-581, Payne, Cy.
- State v. Justin Walker, CF-2004-0017, Pawnee, Cy., Murder of a Pawnee, Cy.
- Campbell v. Hollis I.S.D. and Sexton - Mr. James successfully defeated a motion to dismiss and was one of the first cases in Oklahoma to keep the entire school board in as defendants. The case involved a student who was repeatedly raped by their school teacher. This case was resolved short of trial with the school board and resulted in a one million dollar verdict against the teacher, 2017
- State v. R.Z.M. Argued the case before the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals and successfully upheld trial counsel's motion to dismiss made pre-trial. The case resulted in a firestorm of international controversy as it invalidated an arrest for forcible oral sodomy and redefined the definition of the word "force" in Oklahoma. , 2016
- State v. John Doe - Mr. James' client was charged with indecent exposure while self-stimulating in a public location. In the face of video evidence, a signed waiver of rights, and a confession by his client, Mr. James negotiated a plea deal whereby his client could avoid the Sex Offender Registry and a felony., 2014
- United States v. Jeff Henderson and Bill Yelton - Mr. James assisted in the defense of Jeff Henderson and Bill Yelton as a licensed legal intern in one of the largest police corruption trials in the state of Oklahoma. At the end of a three-week trial, Bill Yelton walked free and co-defendant Jeff Henderson was acquitted on over forty counts ranging from drug possession, civil rights violations, drug distribution, and conspiracy to commit witness tampering. See U.S. v. Henderson, CR-10-117 BDB., 2011
- Powell et. al. v. Avalon - Successfully settled a lawsuit brought against one of the nation's largest private prison operators. The lawsuit was brought pursuant to the Civil Rights Act in the Northern District of Oklahoma and was resolved well short of trial to the benefit of Mr. James' clients., 2017
- Criminal Justice Act Panel (Trials) N.D. Oklahoma, 2015 – Present
- 2012 – Tulsa County Judge’s Conference – Social Media and Juror Misconduct
- 2013 – Phi Alpha Delta – Law School and the New Lawyer Experience
- 2018 – Oklahoma Bar Association – Law Day – Expungement Lawyer Segment
- Criminal Justice Act (“CJA”) Panel Attorney (Member)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City 2012
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 2012 – Present
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2012 – Present
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma, Muskogee 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma, Tulsa 2012
- State of Oklahoma, 2012
- Admitted to the Oklahoma Bar Association., 2012
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, B.S., Honors: President, Major: Ag Economics and Political Science, 2008
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyer Association
Office location for Clint James
2121 S Columbia Ave
Tulsa, OK 74114
- Rising Stars: 2015, 2017 - 2023