Top rated Family Law attorney in Tulsa, OklahomaBundy Law
Practice Areas: Family Law, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense
Licensed in Oklahoma since: 2018
Education: The University of Tulsa College of Law
Languages Spoken: Arabic, English, German
Danya Bundy is a trial lawyer at Bundy Law in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Representing private clients throughout the greater Tulsa metro and surrounding areas, Danya focuses her practice primarily on high-stakes family law and criminal defense matters. She provides highly personalized counsel and dedicated support to those going through a divorce, child custody dispute, criminal charge, or other serious legal issue affecting their family and liberties.
Danya has advanced education in financial data analysis, property valuation, and negotiation from programs at the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She negotiates and drafts private settlement agreements, prenuptial agreements, and qualified domestic relations orders. In 2022, she completed an immersive 8-day trial advocacy program at the National Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas. With focused skills training for depositions, jury selection, and cross-examination, Danya has tried multiple divorce and parental rights cases to judges and juries. She has obtained positive outcomes for Oklahomans and foreign nationals in both civil and criminal cases.
While pursuing her law degree at the University of Tulsa College of Law, Ms. Bundy completed an internship with the Tulsa County Public Defender and a local immigration law attorney. She worked with clients struggling with substance abuse problems, mental health disorders, and other challenges in these roles. Danya also gained experience working with domestic violence victims and helping them to obtain the protection they need against their abusers. Ms. Bundy acquired a deep understanding of the struggles and challenges that many families face on a day-to-day basis, helping her better connect with her clients and provide the compassion and dignity they deserve during what is a challenging and uncertain time in their lives. Honored for her success, she has already received top rankings and endorsements from her peers as an emerging leader in her field.
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Tulsa in 2015, Danya returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 2018. She is an active member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Family Law Sections of the Oklahoma Bar Association, Tulsa County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. Danya is admitted to practice before all Oklahoma state courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
First Admitted: 2018, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.bundylawoffice.com/bio/tulsa-trial-attorney-dany...
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- United States Supreme Court, 2022
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- United States District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- University of Tulsa, B.S., magna cum laude, 2015
- The Society of Women Trial Lawyers is an inclusive organization dedicated to improving the working and personal lives of women trial lawyers around the country. , Attendee, Society of Women Trial Lawyers Conference, Society of Women Trial Lawyers, 2022
- The Advanced Business Valuation Program for Attorneys is a comprehensive course that provides attorneys with the skills and knowledge they need to analyze business valuations and cross-examine experts in family law cases. Experienced business valuators and attorneys teach the program, and it includes a combination of lectures, case studies, and hands-on exercises. Upon completion of the program, participants are able to: Understand the different methods of business valuation Identify the factors that affect business value Apply business valuation principles to real-world situations Prepare and defend business valuation reports, Attendee, Advanced Business Valuation, National Family Law Trial Institute, 2023
- A program concerning the relationship between immigration law and family law, especially when one or both parents are foreign nationals, The Intersection of Immigration Law and Family Law, Seminole County Bar Association, 2018
- The National Famly Law Trial Institute is the preeminent litigation skills course dedicated exclusively to family law. During this intensive eight day program, attendees develop skills training in all aspects of family law litigation, from opening statement to closing argument. , National Family Law Trial Institute, 2022
- This presentation covered information and strategies for representation of parents in parental rights and child custody cases, Co-presenter, Custody Quagmires: Parental Drug Abuse, Mental Illness, Domestic Abuse, Alienation, 2022
- This intensive, two day seminar focused on effective strategies for improving negotiations and outcomes for family law clients. The seminar was led by Bob Bordone, a Senior Fellow at Harvard Law School, AAML / Harvard Law Negotiation Seminar for Family Law Lawyers, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2021
- Participants in this 4-week program performed cross-examination skills in live breakout sessions coached by National Criminal Defense College faculty, Online Cross-Examination Workshop, National Criminal Defense College, 2020
- The Institute program is taught by a nationally renowned faculty of Academy Fellows who have decades of experience in helping associate lawyers successfully achieve higher levels of excellence. Each associate is assigned an individual Fellow faculty member who serves as a mentor and personally guides the attendee through all aspects of the program, which covers divorce tax issues, valuation issues, trial preparation, and more. , Institute for Family Law Associates, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2019
- This multi-day program addressed cross-examination issues in a variety of different scenarios, as specific techniques and paradigms for crossing specialized witnesses each present their own unique challenges. Larry Pozner, co-author of Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques, was the featured speaker., Walking the Line: Advanced Cross-Examination Techniques, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2019
- , Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch is a recognition awarded by Best Lawyers to lawyers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice. Recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years, Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2023
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023